PESHOT-T interlinear tries to show ESVi

jlm

If I display an interlinear for PESHOT-T on iOS, I get a row for the ESVi translation that I cannot turn off. There is no option to select or deselect key number texts (rightly, since there are no key numbers for Syriac). Nothing is ever displayed in this row except for some proper names, where the Syriac apparently corresponds to the Hebrew.

post-35131-0-30665800-1567333478_thumb.jpeg

The interlinear works fine on macOS.

You need to continue scrolling down the list of options in the interlinear setting. You are just at the top with your screen shot, There are loads more. Interlinear is really turbocharged with options, probably everything you could think of and then more!!!!!!!!.

And to top it, you can set it globally under the settings menu for the app (gear wheel icon) AND then set individual tweaks for the different texts. The screen shot is from the settings menu and there are still a few more options further down.

I tend to have my english translations with the default settings and then only give them a minor tweak.

My original language texts all have greater tweaks.

A lot of thought went into this feature.

post-31185-0-71494700-1567338646_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser

Ukfraser, a subtle detail in the screenshot, the dark vertical line to the right of the settings, shows that I have already scrolled down to the bottom. There is no more. However, your mention of the global settings was helpful. I turned off the ESVi there, but there is no way to turn it off individually for PESHOT-T if it is turned on globally.

So I still think there is a bug: when key number texts cannot be matched to the words of the text, they should not be displayed even if they are selected globally. On the other hand, I think it is correct to not include them in the interlinear settings for the individual text in this case (i.e., when the text is not in the key number language and has no key numbers).

Edited by jlm

Interesting, havent got PESHOT-T but its not there in lxx either but is with na28 and hmt. Clearly an inconsistency in the different modules.

post-31185-0-97568800-1567359456_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-26775200-1567360170_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-06967800-1567360182_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Interesting, havent got PESHOT-T but its not there in lxx either but is with na28 and hmt. Clearly an inconsistency in the different modules.

I don't think there's anything inconsistent in not including the key number Bibles for LXX modules: the text is Greek, but the key numbers are for Hebrew, so it's not possible to match them automatically to words as it is for NA28 or HMT. Similarly, the Peshitta OT is in Syriac, so it's not possible to match Hebrew key numbers to Syriac words automatically.

I don't think there's anything inconsistent in not including the key number Bibles for LXX modules: the text is Greek, but the key numbers are for Hebrew, so it's not possible to match them automatically to words as it is for NA28 or HMT. Similarly, the Peshitta OT is in Syriac, so it's not possible to match Hebrew key numbers to Syriac words automatically.

But lxx IS working as expected and not showing esv or any other tagged text, even when esv and a number of others are globally enabled in settings unlike peshot.

That to me is inconsistent.

If the 'bug' was acting consistently, then esv would also display with the lxx.

(Alternatively, if you dont get the problem on a mac, the problem could be with the esv-i. I deleted mine and installed the proper esv).

Edited by ukfraser

Now I understand what you meant. Yes, it is inconsistent that the bug doesn't appear with LXX. I suspect it hasn't been reported previously because there are not many people who are displaying a Peshitta interlinear on iOS.