#1 Dan Langston

Dan Langston

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:30 PM

I'm curious if the new Ipad OS operating system will be able to display more parity with the Accordance desktop version.  I understand if it's too soon to know, etc. If it's just another of ios, I get that as well

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,797 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:53 PM

We are constantly adding features, but the desktop version is so far ahead and the iOS interface still so limited, that parity is a long long way away.

As we have said before, if you want a full-featured Accordance on a tablet, a Windows tablet such as Surface Pro is a good solution.

• Dan Langston likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Rich

Rich

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my lovely wife, my children, fellowship, worship music, piano, gardening. and pursuing my M.Div at Asbury Theological Seminary.
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

Unfortunately, I'm totally invested in the Apple platform, from Mac to iPad to iPhone.  Buying a whole new tablet (and a whole new OS platform) just for Accordance isn't a viable solution for me.  I'll just have to keep hauling a laptop around, which is fine — there aren't any competitors I could or would consider.

At this stage, I find the iPad interface much less "limiting" than different — because the UX and interaction model is so very different (and therefore requires a much different UI than a mouse driven app) — and I say that as someone who manages development of multiple complex, enterprise engineering apps for iPad that must have full feature parity with their desktop counterparts (of course, these teams are also sometimes quite large, as well). I definitely understand this may be a low business priority (to the point that it's not even on the radar), although I hope as the iPad continues to see significant use on the pulpit and in the front of seminary classes I attend (but maybe less so on the professor's desks), the value of this platform will be worthy of more focus and prioritization from the valuable limited resources in the future!

Rich Wardwell

Accordance Hardware

2017 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017, 4.2 GHz i7, 32GB memory, Radeon Pro 580, 8GB, 2TB SSD, Mojave)

2019 15" MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", 2.4 GHz  i9, 32GB memory, 2 TB SSD, Mojave)

2018 iPad Pro (12.9", 512GB, iOS 12)

2017 iPhone X (iOS 12)

#4 Graham Buck

Graham Buck

Gold

• Accordance
  • 436 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:53 PM

Rich, to be sure, bringing feature parity to the extent that it is feasible to Apple’s mobile OSes is absolutely on the radar. As is the hybrid future of desktop/mobile applications.

We may have a ways to go yet, but rest assured we’re absolutely committed to continued development and improvement of this platform.
  • Lester P. Bagley, Rich, Alex H. and 4 others like this

Graham Buck

iOS Programmer
Content Development [Ninja]
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users