Ethiopic (Ge’ez) Old Testament (Untagged) Expansion

jebrown.gfu

I am writing to see if it would be possible to add into the Ethiopic (Ge’ez) Old Testament (Untagged) module the additional books that Ran HaCohen now has digitized on his website (https://www.tau.ac.il/~hacohen/Biblia.html).

The Accordance module currently has "Genesis-Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel, and Psalms".

In addition to these works, Ran also has: 1 & 2 Kings, Ecclesiastes, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Haggai, Malachi, Wisdom of Solomon, 4th Baruch, and Enoch. Adding these in an update would be of great value!

I hope that you will consider this, thank you!

• Like 3

I am writing to see if it would be possible to add into the Ethiopic (Ge’ez) Old Testament (Untagged) module the additional books that Ran HaCohen now has digitized on his website (https://www.tau.ac.il/~hacohen/Biblia.html).

The Accordance module currently has "Genesis-Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel, and Psalms".

In addition to these works, Ran also has: 1 & 2 Kings, Ecclesiastes, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Haggai, Malachi, Wisdom of Solomon, 4th Baruch, and Enoch. Adding these in an update would be of great value!

I hope that you will consider this, thank you!

I have no hope of reading untagged Ge'ez at present, and so am not personally interested in the text, although I can see how it would be useful to scholars. I just wanted to point out that while some of these books could be added, others (including Wisdom and 4 Baruch) are derived from a source that prohibits commercial distribution: "1995 Library of Ethiopian Texts, created and maintained by Michal Jerabek, Prague.  Permission to use, copy, and distribute this text, for any NONCOMMERCIAL purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies of this text.  This text cannot be sold under any circumstances." For those books, I think a User Bible would be the only option.

Edited by jlm

The Accordance version is digitized by RanHaCohen, so they should get it as an update. And then again if all is digitized.

Greetings

Fabian

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

+1