#1 jebrown.gfu

jebrown.gfu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:35 AM

I am writing to see if it would be possible to add into the Ethiopic (Ge’ez) Old Testament (Untagged) module the additional books that Ran HaCohen now has digitized on his website (https://www.tau.ac.i...hen/Biblia.html).

The Accordance module currently has "Genesis-Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel, and Psalms".

In addition to these works, Ran also has: 1 & 2 Kings, Ecclesiastes, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Haggai, Malachi, Wisdom of Solomon, 4th Baruch, and Enoch. Adding these in an update would be of great value!

I hope that you will consider this, thank you!

• Fabian, miketisdell and TYA like this

#2 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:23 AM

+1

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE! 

Bring more international Bibles to the store,

fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,

develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,

in nearer future.

#3 miketisdell

miketisdell

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:35 AM

+1

#4 jlm

jlm

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

I am writing to see if it would be possible to add into the Ethiopic (Ge’ez) Old Testament (Untagged) module the additional books that Ran HaCohen now has digitized on his website (https://www.tau.ac.i...hen/Biblia.html).

The Accordance module currently has "Genesis-Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel, and Psalms".

In addition to these works, Ran also has: 1 & 2 Kings, Ecclesiastes, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Haggai, Malachi, Wisdom of Solomon, 4th Baruch, and Enoch. Adding these in an update would be of great value!

I hope that you will consider this, thank you!

I have no hope of reading untagged Ge'ez at present, and so am not personally interested in the text, although I can see how it would be useful to scholars. I just wanted to point out that while some of these books could be added, others (including Wisdom and 4 Baruch) are derived from a source that prohibits commercial distribution: "1995 Library of Ethiopian Texts, created and maintained by Michal Jerabek, Prague.  Permission to use, copy, and distribute this text, for any NONCOMMERCIAL purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies of this text.  This text cannot be sold under any circumstances." For those books, I think a User Bible would be the only option.

Edited by jlm, 15 September 2019 - 09:34 AM.

#5 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:59 AM

The Accordance version is digitized by RanHaCohen, so they should get it as an update. And then again if all is digitized.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE! 

Bring more international Bibles to the store,

fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,

develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,

in nearer future.

#6 Niko

Niko

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Semitic languages and scripts.
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

+1

• Fabian likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ethiopic, Old Testament, Semitic Languages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users