NET Bible Second Edition

mgvh

Are there plans to update Accordance with the new Second Edition of the NET Bible?

There is a long list of translation changes, mostly for consistency and clarity and updating of notes, but it also includes:

1. Both OT and NT have updated Strong’s tagged using phrase tagging as well as multiple number tagging.
  2. This detailed Strong’s tagging was used to detect and correct inconsistencies across the OT.

What this means is that the Hebrew/Greek and English cross-highlighting can be accomplished, and that would be very nice.

The 2nd edition is online, and you can see how the cross-tagging functions.

A separate feature on the online site and one that would be very nice to implement in Accordance is that hovering over a word highlights all the instances of it in both English and Greek/Hebrew. (This is something that Logos is able to do, and it actually bases it on root rather than lemma which is even better.)

And will it be tagged?

Yep.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After updating to the second edition, I see that the first edition is no longer in my library.

Is there a way to also retain the first edition in my library?

After updating to the second edition, I see that the first edition is no longer in my library.

Is there a way to also retain the first edition in my library?

Hmm. I have both in my library.

I updated and now only have the 2nd edition...

EricC - how did you update yours to retain both editions? 

I just updated to the 2nd edition of NET Bible which is now tagged with Strongs. THANK YOU!

It did replace the 1st edition (i.e., it's no longer available in my library), but that isn't really important to me. If you check the changes (cf. link in my initial post above), I think they are all reasonable.

After updating to the 2nd edition, the first edition should have remained in the library according to Support.

Support wrote me:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. There are some things being worked on currently. We hope to have it straightened out soon."

After deleting from my library the NET wasn't in the Easy Install. This has to be checked too.

Greetings

Fabian

The second edition with Strong's is a free upgrade and WILL REPLACE the first edition. This is at the request of the publishers. What we will do is have a NET-old  version of the first edition available to anyone who requests it and owned the first edition. Please send your requests to orders@accordancebible.com. It may take us a few days to set this up, so please be patient.

• Like 1

EricC - how did you update yours to retain both editions? 

Sorry I can't be any more help, but I just updated. Maybe I did it at a time before Accordance applied the publishers' request? … No clue. Here's what's showing:

post-3736-0-53655700-1574309918_thumb.png

Eric, it looks like you have the first edition (not-yet-updated) of the NET Bible, but the 2nd edition of the separate NET Notes module.

Eric, it looks like you have the first edition (not-yet-updated) of the NET Bible, but the 2nd edition of the separate NET Notes module.

Ooohhhhh, you're right, Abram. Sorry for the confusion, folks!

The second edition with Strong's is a free upgrade. This is at the request of the publishers.

A) i think this is mega generous of the publisher, so many thanks to them.

B ) should there be a note on the product page about it being a free upgrade to those who already have net? My workflow for the morning after the previous sale ends is to make coffee and then open current specials and i had made a mental note to purchase it later in the day (but saw it was a free upgrade in the blog).

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

The second edition with Strong's is a free upgrade and WILL REPLACE the first edition. This is at the request of the publishers. What we will do is have a NET-old  version of the first edition available to anyone who requests it and owned the first edition. Please send your requests to orders@accordancebible.com. It may take us a few days to set this up, so please be patient.

Hi Helen,

I am not seeing a free upgrade to the second edition. I have the first (no Strongs). I see a 12.90 sale purchase price. Am I missing the right product page or link ?

Thx

D

Hi Helen,

I am not seeing a free upgrade to the second edition. I have the first (no Strongs). I see a 12.90 sale purchase price. Am I missing the right product page or link ?

Thx

D

Daniel,

The free upgrade is through Check for Updates of the NET module. The new version numbers will be 4.0 and 5.0 respectively for the text and the notes. The publisher required that the 2nd edition actually replace the 1st edition. 

• Like 1

Please visit netbible.com for details about the difference between the First and Second Editions of the NET Bible, as well as differences between this print run (2.0) and the new Thomas Nelson NET Bibles (2.1).

From https://store.bible.org/store/category/132

Edited by Fabian

• 1 month later...