Accordance 13 Sneak Peek #2: PDF Import

R. Mansfield

I'm smiling at the way you make it look like it was your idea, even though this has been a consistent request, nay demand, on the forum for years. :)

Brother, I was making no such claim. You’re reading way too much into my original post

• Like 1

Brother, I was making no such claim. You’re reading way too much into my original post

Under the title, "Accordance 13 Sneak Peek #2: PDF Import" ??? 

With a screen shot ???

Edited by Alistair

Under the title, "Accordance 13 Sneak Peek #2: PDF Import" ??? 

With a screen shot ???

I’m referring to your suggestion that I (or the company) was trying to take credit for the idea. I’m well aware that PDF import has been requested many times over the years. The way I worded the sneak peek was meant entirely in fun and nothing else.

There is a long history of OakTree incorporating user requests into the software, and PDF import is a prime example. I don’t know of any instance where we claimed a user’s idea was one that we actually came up with instead.

• Like 2

TYA: Yes, any imported titles can be fully searchable and in research, like a regular tool.

But, importantly, we are not (currently) getting in the business of OCR, so you’ll have to OCR anything ahead of time you want imported.

• Like 2

That begs the question of images in the PDF. Will they also be imported Joel ?

thx

D

• Like 1

Thanks, Joel.  Just what I needed to know.

As long as the sermon outline format is retained and scripture references are hyperlinked automatically and pictures are integrated too, then it’s all looking even better

Since we've been getting some tantalizing sneak peeks, I'm wondering about some feature requests that have been made in the past, e.g., being able to justify texts (the couple of screen shots that have been posted don't show that) and TOCs for texts—something that has been implemented in iOS but not the full version, or a harmonized font size for Instant Details.

There are other requests here, here and here (this last one would really contribute to more precise analyses!).

Can we still hope for these in the upcoming version? I'm in Central FL right now and would even be willing to stop by the office with cake, chocolate or anything legal to increase the chances of that!  :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You know it will be the ability to directly import epub files we will be requesting next. 

• Like 4

If you give a mouse a cookie...

—Joseph

• Like 1

If you give a mouse a cookie...

—Joseph

Being from Maine, I'm more partial to…

post-30445-0-56656400-1571494582_thumb.jpg

• Like 2