NASB (1995) with Strong's - Amplify - Key Number

ChrisL

Good evening. NASB is my default Bible. When I highlight a word -> Amplify -> Key Number....nothing happens. Also...after highlighting a word and hitting that double arrow button on bottom-right corner, I only get the number of times the word and key number appear in second window (when ESVS is up, I get the KM Hebrew Dictionary listing).

I didn't think much of this until I brought up ESVS and everything worked much better. You guys are either secretly trying to trick me into switching Bible versions or NASB doesn't seem to work right :)

It works for me. What version of the app are you on ? And have you got an example of a word and verse where this doesn't work ?

I cannot see how to alter what it amplifies to but I end up amplifying to NAS Greek or Hebrew as appropriate.

ESVS goes to Mounce Greek Dictionary - from NT anyway.

Given that I cannot see how to configure a key number amplify I wonder if there is some rule at play. If you install the NAS dictionaries - if you have them - does it then work ?

Thx

D

• Like 1

The older NASB does not have key numbers. Be sure to use the NAS95S for that functionality.

I am using NASB 1995 with strongs (not 1977 version). I get the same problem on both my samsung android cell and tablet. I have the latest accordance mobile app installed. highlight a word -> Amplify -> Key Number -> nothing. I can't take a screenshot or anything to provide because there is no error message or anything. The instant details pop-up just goes away and it goes back to the NASB text as if nothing ever happened. I can amplify word and lexeme just fine..just nothing for key number.

Chris, when I tested this just now, following your process above, I pulled up instant details for “heavens” in NASB95S Gen 1:1, amplified the key number, and that took me to the correct entry in the NAS Hebrew Dictionary. Can you check to make certain that your NASB dictionaries are also installed? 

Screenshot_20191005-103747_Accordance.jp

I am not very good at Accordance yet. I set the instant details to my preferred english, greek and hebrew dictionaries and thought that all texts would use those. I limited what modules were installed on on mobile because without the library categories it is really hard to find what I want. I didn't have the NAS dictionaries installed and didn't realize that NASB only uses that. Looks like I still have alot to learn. Thank you for clearing that up. I can go back to my favorite Bible again :)