#1 Kristin

Kristin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:01 PM

I have been a little slow to figure it out, but I have finally gotten used to setting the correct text for hyperlinks in Set Note Display. I normally have my default hyperlink text as the ESV, and then my alternative as the Greek. Since I can only have two text options, when I started making notes for Ugaritic I created an entirely new note, so that I could set the default hyperlink to the ESV, and the Alternative to the Ugaritic English. And this has worked fine.

I decided to create a User Tool to organize some of my Ugaritic work, so I went into the User Tool display settings to set the alternative hyperlink text as the Ugaritic English, but my Ugaritic Tagged Text is missing, and so is the Ugaritic English.

I am still working with the texts, and I can even set existing notes to the Ugaritic text, but the User Tool is not listing the texts as an option. I set my Ugaritic English as a favorite to see if it would pick it up better, but it is still is not.

Is it clear to anyone what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for any help you are able to provide.

Sincerely,

Kristin

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 5,887 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM

I believe that, for normal scripture links, User Tools only support texts in the biblical canon.  For Ugaritic references, you'll have to enter them as a Resource Link.  This does give you the flexibility of choosing which specific Ugaritic module you wish to link to, as well.

• Kristin likes this

Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist

#3 Kristin

Kristin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:23 AM

Thank you, Joel! That solved my problem. :)

#4 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:07 PM

I believe that, for normal scripture links, User Tools only support texts in the biblical canon.  For Ugaritic references, you'll have to enter them as a Resource Link.  This does give you the flexibility of choosing which specific Ugaritic module you wish to link to, as well.

Hello Joel 

If there is a lot to link then the current way is much time consuming.

I have started once a feature request. So if the links goes a lot to the same this would be helpful. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Kristin likes this
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ugaritic, User Tool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users