Error #0, Where is the File, ESVS

andrew.shank

When I try and open Accordance, I'm given a Finder window and asked "Where is the file for the "ESVS" text?" I navigate to the Texts folder, select "ESVS.atext", and click "Open." I'm given the following error message: I/O Error #0 in the file "ESVS.atext". 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Accordance, and get the same error message. 

macOS Mojave: 10.14.6

Accordance: 12.3.6

Assuming it's listed in the Texts section of your Library, right click on it and choose "Remove item." Then go to Easy Install and reinstall. Let us know if that works. 

• 6 months later...

I've had a similar issue, and removing the file within Finder on MACOSX does not resolve the problem.   The program still asks where the file is. 

This issue started occurring to me because I upgraded from Accordance 12 to version 13. 

It also happens with other Bible texts too. An "i/o error #0  in the file gnt28-t.atext" also appears  Eventually I need to force close Accordance because the Finder windows keep popping up and I can't open the user window to use the Bible software.

Any other ideas to resolve the issue?? 

post-31903-0-01915700-1587157524_thumb.png

David, did you go to Easy Install to redownload ESVS and anything else missing?

• 9 months later...

I have received this same error this morning upon starting up Accordance, in the form of "I/O Error #0 in the file "GNT28-T.atext"". Was there ever a solution given for this? It is at startup, so I cannot do anything within the program (it won't let me get past this) to troubleshoot. 

Is there a replacement GNT28-T.atext file I can download and put in the folder?

• Like 1

Do as Scott recommended.

Hold the Alt key (Option key on Mac) during start up to bring up safe mode, then select "Remove Startup Session".  If that doesn't work, try calling support at the number on this page: https://www.accordancebible.com/sources-of-support/

Edited by Silas Marrs