How to make italics in User Tool?

Tom Castle

Hey folks. I'm just trying to get my head around these user tools features. I'm having some trouble with formatting. For example, I'm using the standard Helvetica font (there are only four listed in the Text Palette).

When I try to make the font Italicized (both by using cmd+I or the text palette) it changes the text to bold. Any ideas?

Update: Ok... I figured out how to change the default font for the User Tool. So I was able to get the italics to work in the actual tool. However, I still can't get it to work in the Edit Tool window. It only has 4 fonts and I can't change it. Is there a way to change it?

The User Tool edit window is limited to just those four fonts. But I've not had any trouble getting the text to be italicized.

What happens if you quit and then restart Accordance? I ask because I sometimes have trouble getting the centered button on the text palette to work properly. Usually if I quit and restart, it will work correctly again.

Lorinda

The User Tool edit window is limited to just those four fonts. But I've not had any trouble getting the text to be italicized.

What happens if you quit and then restart Accordance? I ask because I sometimes have trouble getting the centered button on the text palette to work properly. Usually if I quit and restart, it will work correctly again.

Lorinda

[/quote

Quitting and restarting accordance and the computer does not help.

Does Fontbook show any duplicates?

Lorinda

Archived