Accordance resources

Eect

Does anyone know What would happen to purchased resources if Accordance where to go out of business? I've tried looking for this answer within the site but have not found the answer

My guess is (based on an analogy to BibleWorks going out of business recently) that you would still be able to use the program and resources, if that is what you're asking.  You probably wouldn't get updates, bug fixes, and the like, but you would (again, I presume) be able to continue using the program and resources that you had purchased.

But let's pray that scenario never happens :)

Thanks for the reply TYA, I assumed that would be the case but wanted to confirm and yes let's hope it never happens to accordance :)! I've spent quite a bit of money gathering awesome resources and would like to keep them for as long as possible:)

I know the feeling.

We are strongly committed to the future of Accordance. Even if we were one day to cease further development, we would ensure that a server remained available for reinstalls, and a forum for mutual support, so you would not lose your investment. After all, you can still find such support online for long defunct applications. Nobody can predict the future (who imagined where the internet would take us?). However, we at Accordance are determined to keep going and support our users for the foreseeable future.

• Like 11

Thanks Helen for the reassurance :) It's great to know though that if the unexpected were to happen a server would be left up and running for those of us that have invested our resources!

Good question and good reply by Helen.

I have to remind myself that even if I poured my funds into building a library of physical books and resources, there is no guarantee that it would not be destroyed some day by flood or fire or humidity, etc. In reality, I feel that my investment in Accordance is at least as secure, if not more so, than investing in a physical library. (Plus, I live in South America and so it would be practically impossible to build a physical library of theological books here.)

• Like 2