Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV)

Fabian

Hello 

I guess some Lutheran would love to have the https://online.nph.net/ehv

Greetings

Fabian

I would love to have more German Bibles and more international Bibles (Dutch, Danish, French, etc. etc.)

I like the translation, I like the design and typesetting, but I'm not impressed with the footnotes (more I won't say).

Not yet available in the UK through Amazon, although a Kindle version is (which kind of defeats the purpose of the design).

Edited by Alistair
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would very much like to be able to use the Evangelical Heritage Version.  

I particularly like this aspect of their philosophy of translation:  "We seek a balance between the poles of so-called literal and dynamic equivalent theories of translation. A translator should not adhere too closely to any one theory of translation because literalistic, word-for-word translations sometimes convey the wrong meaning, or they do not communicate clearly in the receiving language. Overly free translations deprive the reader of some of the expressions, imagery, and style of the original."

And this: " The Evangelical Heritage Version is not an interpretative translation. On one level, every act of translation involves interpretation, but when we say that the Evangelical Heritage Version strives to avoid importing interpretation into the translation, we mean that our duty and goal is to understand and to reproduce as closely as possible what the original text says and to say no more and no less than what the text says."

And I'm not Lutheran!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I would buy this as a reference version if Accordance offered it. It came out in Logos almost at the same time as the paper version.

• Like 1

A request for licensing terms has been sent to the publisher. We'll keep you posted.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 10:39 AM, Mark Allison said:

A request for licensing terms has been sent to the publisher. We'll keep you posted.

Any update on this, Mark?

We've been in discussions with the publishers. They're a little hesitant to license their work, and I'm trying to convince them that it's a good idea, both for them and for their customers. 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2021 at 6:03 PM, Mark Allison said:

I'm trying to convince them that it's a good idea, both for them and for their customers. 🙂

I agree with the statement above.

is there a reason why it can't be freely made available and shared w others on the exchange? They have made it available legit for BibleWorks for free personal use.

• Like 1