Word Biblical Commentary: Judges, possible error?

Eect

Good evening,

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but wanted to ask the question before I submit a correction. I've been studying through the book of Judges and have used a few commentaries to aide me through my studies.. I noticed however, as I was reading through WBC: Judges  the below note that falls within section Judges 9:30-33 [page 246] is commenting specifically on verse 9:31 

"Gaal describes the attacker as “the son of a slave” (Judg 9:31) and his cohorts as “brothers,” which may signify family ties or allies."

It is specifying that Gaal is describing the attackers, however if you read (within the bible) the prior verse (v.30) it is specifically stating that Zebul is actually the one doing the describing. This seemed like a major error to me as it may confuse the reader, but wanted to ask those of you that own this resource if I'm missing something here before I submit correction to Accordance. Thanks in advance.

Wasn't sure where else to post this

To report a correction, right-click on the commentary and you will see an option that says "Report a Correction."  Or you can email to corrections@accordancebible.com  They will appreciate that.

I don't own that commentary, but a cursory reading of your excerpt above makes it seem that WBC might have made an error indeed.  But just know that Accordance inputs the text as they receive it, so if it is an error on the part of WBC (which this would likely be), then Accordance probably wouldn't change it.

Edited by TYA