Grid View for Book Chooser in Lower Right

KevinPurcell

I sure wish the drop down menu in the lower right corner of the window would show a grid view instead of a list view. It would save time while jumping from Genesis to Revelation and vice versa.

post-30967-0-79744500-1571928052_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Grid view would be nice. Also, for this and other instances of long drop downs (e.g., I have a long list of ranges), it would be very helpful to be able to use the wheel on my mouse to scroll down. (Win10 system)

• Like 1

Kevin, I don't disagree with your desire for a grid. I know it would be helpful at times--especially with some texts.

A suggestion and a couple of thoughts...

Here's what I do that I think is even faster than using a grid, though. If my insertion point is already in the search field I can hit the tab key on my keyboard and it will jump to the Goto field in the bottom right. Then I just type where I want to go--such as Rev 1.1. Doing it that way, my hands don't have to leave the keyboard to pick up the mouse. I find this to be very quick, and I believe it would be faster than a grid--at least for me.

Now, if you're in extrabiblical literature like the Pseudepigrapha, Apostolic Fathers, etc., that's not going to be as efficient unless you're in the texts so often you know the way the books are named/abbreviated. And while a grid would be helpful in biblical texts, the same function would be somewhere between unwieldy and impossible in all other titles in the Tools category.

Now, if you're in extrabiblical literature like the Pseudepigrapha, Apostolic Fathers, etc., that's not going to be as efficient unless you're in the texts so often you know the way the books are named/abbreviated. 

+ 100!

Kevin, I don't disagree with your desire for a grid. I know it would be helpful at times--especially with some texts.

A suggestion and a couple of thoughts...

Here's what I do that I think is even faster than using a grid, though. If my insertion point is already in the search field I can hit the tab key on my keyboard and it will jump to the Goto field in the bottom right. Then I just type where I want to go--such as Rev 1.1. Doing it that way, my hands don't have to leave the keyboard to pick up the mouse. I find this to be very quick, and I believe it would be faster than a grid--at least for me.

Now, if you're in extrabiblical literature like the Pseudepigrapha, Apostolic Fathers, etc., that's not going to be as efficient unless you're in the texts so often you know the way the books are named/abbreviated. And while a grid would be helpful in biblical texts, the same function would be somewhere between unwieldy and impossible in all other titles in the Tools category.

The tab KB shortcut is useful, but sometimes I'm doing something at my desk and mouse is the best way to navigate. So would still like to see the grid view. It's in my "not pressing but if you get around to it or it's easy to add" column.

• Like 2