Anyone familiar with the Ancients Texts for NT Studies by Evans ?

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

This was quietly published by Accordance recently. I don't recall a mention on the forums but it was in a recent email, extending a sale, as a new item. https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Evans-Ancient+Texts+NT

It looks really excellent and there is a pretty extensive and positive review by David Lincicum on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1983CI5XLXTP8/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0801048427.

So two questions:

1. The Accordance product page says this is the 2005 edition. Is that really the case ? There is apparently a 2012 edition. It is billed though as a reprint edition so perhaps there are no changes ? Can anyone speak to that ? If there are updates in the 2012 and Accordance did use the 2005 are there any plans to update it ?

2. Is anyone familiar with it who would like to share a few comments on it ?

As I'm currently reading Josephus any comments in that direction would be interesting to me, but really anything would.

Thx

D

I wonder if the 2012 designation was simply another printing? I don't know of any update to this title more recent than what we released. One of our developers may be able to answer more conclusively.

When the book was first released, I was in a colloquium that used this book for a semester. I can't remember specifics to it, and any notes that I might have had are packed away. But I believe it's now considered a standard text in its field. If I get a chance before it goes off sale, I'll try to write a "closer look" blog posts, but I've been up to my ears getting ready for...other upcoming releases.

but I've been up to my ears getting ready for...other upcoming releases.

Interesting.

;o)

Interesting.

To be specific, I've been working on promotional content for the upcoming release of v. 13.

• Like 2

Soon and very soon...

• Like 1

Here is a PDF excerpt that Baker provides for Ancient Texts for New Testament Studies.

attachicon.gifExcerpt_9780801048425.pdf.zip

Thanx Rick. Clearly a book one could spend some time with.

Thx

D

• Like 1

1. The Accordance product page says this is the 2005 edition. Is that really the case ? There is apparently a 2012 edition. It is billed though as a reprint edition so perhaps there are no changes ? Can anyone speak to that ? If there are updates in the 2012 and Accordance did use the 2005 are there any plans to update it ?

Dr. Evans confirmed to us that the book was written in 2005, Baker took on the distribution in 2012, hence the later date. The contents have not been revised.

• Like 1