Support for multiple workspaces or books

Schulschlus

Rather than going back and forth between multiple books through the library, it should be an option to have at least two or three of them open at the same time, while only one is in the forefront. Swiping to the right or left could switch between the different "open" texts/workspaces, without having to reopen the text through the library, and then going back to where you were at before, since Accordance for some reason always opens a text/book at the start, and not where it was left of before.

Thanks for considering!

• Like 2

Sorry I saw it is in Android.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Rather than going back and forth between multiple books through the library, it should be an option to have at least two or three of them open at the same time, while only one is in the forefront. Swiping to the right or left could switch between the different "open" texts/workspaces, without having to reopen the text through the library, and then going back to where you were at before, since Accordance for some reason always opens a text/book at the start, and not where it was left of before.

Thanks for considering!

As i'm transition to using Accordance more, I miss this one feature in a competitor's app.

As i'm transition to using Accordance more, I miss this one feature in a competitor's app.

I would idem that for iOS!

It's two taps instead of a swipe, but Accordance for iOS's "Recent Modules" Section at the top of the library works like this.  A simple tap on the Library, then a tap on the other recent module, is essentially the same as swapping to a different tab.  The recent modules maintain the search, settings, and location of that text or tool.

It springs to mind that both don't need to work in the exact same way. If it would look graphically different and/or have differing functionality it'd be accepted by all. Development for iOS, iPadOS and Android are not ports of each other, especially not vis-à-vis Android. Just focus on making it as good as possible when eventually releasing the Android version with this and let it be unrelated to functionality elsewhere!
I'd suggest You make it at least a bit more graphical than under iOS, but not swiping right/left as that is not compatible with my motor skills. With the Gmail app I was never about to learn to avoid that, I "archived" (worse than deleted, there is no "archived"-folder to be found anywhere) several emails from mum that I would have liked to keep accessing and not put away anywhere, until finally from nowhere the app understood my regret and offered me an option to adjust what the motion does - so I immediately made the setting to something manageable. Funny is I'm seeing (unrelated) that You can if being quick, regret sending an email.
Please don't be satisfied with a "Recent Books", it is necessary to at least emulate tabs: I.e. precision in clearing individual books from that. I certainly don't want large parts of my library to show up there if I have been in a short amount of time opening oodles of books in some target practice. Tabs are also not ideal, with tabs the lack of precision comes from that You look too quickly at the book and close it too quickly when You didn't really want to close it, necessitating an undo-command, which is more difficult if it's not a keyboard combination (shouldn't need to be a big blue undo-arrow -button for that). You see, if You don't implement it properly in the first place it never becomes less jerky and it takes then a while to exhaust the list for needs to correct user thoughtless errors in interface usage:

It's two taps instead of a swipe, but Accordance for iOS's "Recent Modules" Section at the top of the library works like this.  A simple tap on the Library, then a tap on the other recent module, is essentially the same as swapping to a different tab.  The recent modules maintain the search, settings, and location of that text or tool.