"live" parsing

ryangeer

apologies if this question is inane... is there a way to a search for a particular verse and have a separate pane that highlights all the verbs in that verse? the only way i can do it now is to manually enter the verb search tag and constrain the results by the passage - works but is not efficient.

If you want the parsing of the verbs, select the text, click the parsing button, then click Set Parsing Display (the essential command-T) and set it to parse only the verbs. Then every time you select the text and click parsing it will show the verbs in that tab or window. It cannot be done more "live" than that.

apologies if this question is inane... is there a way to a search for a particular verse and have a separate pane that highlights all the verbs in that verse? the only way i can do it now is to manually enter the verb search tag and constrain the results by the passage - works but is not efficient.

You can also highlight all the verbs in your text by doing a [VERB] search once, and then shift-clicking (shift = highlights all hits) the highlight style you want from the Highlight Palette (Window menu).

At a later point, you can either clear these same hits (run the search again and shift-click the Clear button on the Highlight Palette), or you can suppress highlighting on the text by checking the Hide word highlighting option via the Text Display menu > Set Text Pane Display... sheet.

thanks a ton. very, very helpful - i knew there was an easy way and this was where id find it.

Archived