How to enable Dark Mode in 13

RevM

I've just installed v13, so far so good. However, the really big thing I was looking forward to was Dark Mode - much easier on the eyes, especially as I use multiple monitors. But I can't find it anywhere! Am I missing something obvious? I thought it would be on the Preferences panel under 'Appearance' (logical place) but it is not. How do I enable this fantastic new feature?

Thanks.

Ah! Not there yet. It does seem odd that OSX and iOS get things first when Windows and Android are by far the more popular choices. Hey Ho!

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Ah! Not there yet. It does seem odd that OSX and iOS get things first when Windows and Android are by far the more popular choices. Hey Ho!

Thanks for your help.

You may not know that Accordance was a Mac-only program for decades :)

• Like 3

I did know that. I'm new to Accordance for that reason, having been a Bibleworks user for 25 years. The demise of Bibleworks was very sad, and pretty tough after my investment. However, I am very grateful that Accordance came to the rescue with a very good deal. Making the switch , though, is still pretty hard.

Edited by RevM
  • Like 1

Don't worry--the later addition of Dark Mode to Windows has nothing to do with any kind of favoritism to Apple devices! Integrating with the system's dark mode works differently on the two platforms because so much of it depends on the platform interface. For instance, if you switch to Dark Mode in Windows Settings: Personalization: Colors or [macOS] System Preferences: General: Appearance, we want Accordance to automatically recognize this system-wide change and respond accordingly. It's not a matter of "flipping the same switch," so to speak, in the macOS or Windows code for Accordance on each respective platform and instantly responding to dark mode on the system. Normally, we try to maintain feature parity between the two platforms; but adapting to Windows dark mode was going to take longer, and that didn't seem like enough reason to delay release of v. 13.

• Like 2

Please just make sure to give a noticeable announcement when Dark Mode does arrive for Windows, so we don't miss it.

Absolutely!

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated. I appreciate all the work you developers do (having been one myself many years ago).

Bless you.

• 2 months later...
I just now installed 13.0.3 and was disappointed to realize, that dark mode has still not been implemented to the Windows version ...
Edited by dagleich

I just now installed 13.0.3 and was disappointed to realize, that dark mode has still not been implemented to the Windows version ...

We will definitely announce it, once it's implemented!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Any news on Dark Mode for Windows?   Right now, I am using CTL+WINDOWS+C as a workaround.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Any news on Dark Mode for Windows?   Right now, I am using CTL+WINDOWS+C as a workaround.

What does it do? 

I don't see anything happen with Ctrl+Windows+C, but using the "Magnifier" app in Windows 10 puts *everything* in Windows into a kind of Dark Mode, and it looks great to me.  Here is a screenshot of Accordance with it turned on.  I stopped worrying about Dark Mode in Accordance because of this "Magnifier" option.

post-35231-0-20970500-1610957335_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey @dlthf - checkout TYA's post above for a good workaround...I also have another suggestion in my post here: https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/30494-dark-mode-please/?do=findComment&comment=149566

• Like 1