Dark Mode

Paul Meiklejohn

I've managed to switch on Dark Mode for the programme, however the module text remain the same.  I'm I missing something? I use saved workspaces for most of my work, is that the problem?

Amendment: I can select Night Sky in custom themes, but would I have to do that for each pane? And reverse the process for Day Mode.

n.b Conversion to 13 went very smoothly without any hiccups. 

post-5536-0-86599400-1572688163_thumb.png

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Paul,

Settings in the UI that have been personalized don't change. You can change them though through the preferences pane. There is now an option for black for background.

• Like 1

I don’t get it. You mean we will have to change the background and text color each time dark mode enables?

I don’t get it. You mean we will have to change the background and text color each time dark mode enables?

No. Accordance respects that you've chosen a theme for your Texts and Tools and won't overwrite it with Dark Mode. If you choose "Default" as the theme for your Texts and Tools in the Accordance preferences, then they'll automatically switch when Dark Mode is enabled.

• Like 1

No. Accordance respects that you've chosen a theme for your Texts and Tools and won't overwrite it with Dark Mode. If you choose "Default" as the theme for your Texts and Tools in the Accordance preferences, then they'll automatically switch when Dark Mode is enabled.

Brilliant Mark Allison to the rescue, as always!

I like the logic in your reasoning here.

Edited by Alistair
  • Like 1

Sorry Mark, I'm really stuck here.  I understand that Acc. doesn't want to change my default settings.  That makes sense.

Starting with my regular text and tool display, how do I get dark mode on my modules+, and then flip back to my regular settings?

Could you give me simple walk through? ... and back to Day Mode.

post-5536-0-73322100-1572704096_thumb.png

I'm almost getting the Dark mode to flip back and forth... but it's changing my text to Helvetica (default), even when I flip back.

I'm not quite there yet either. How do I reset all display preferences to default? I changed my theme to default, but I don't know how to get my font choices to default so that everything will switch automatically. Currently, the background of my resources is black but my text is too. I want to switch between dark and light mode seamlessly.

• Like 1

I think I got it. After restarting, I had to close and reopen resources that were already open.

Does Dark Mode only effectively work on default settings... (Helvetica)?

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

That's the way it seems to me. The bummer for me is that I've never liked how by default the text and tool fonts are a dark grey instead of black — not enough contrast against a white background in light mode.

Yes, that will be a disappointment.  I've never been a fan of Helvetica, and that will limit it's use for me. I'd love to flip back forth with the font of my choosing. 

Dark mode automatically switches for *any* of our themes. The only time it doesn’t switch is if you’ve set a custom theme, then we just respect your specific custom choices.

Okay Joel, that's a step closer, thank you.  

However, I'm so used to Gill Sans as a font that I'd struggle to do without it. I hope there will be more font and colour options in the future. 

• Like 2

Where is the "Dark Mode" for Windows. Looking at Accordance 13 Help, under Preferences: Appearance, it states the following:

Options in the Appearance Area of the Preferences Dialog Box

Theme Setting Area: Options in this area affect the appearance of the Accordance Interface.

General Theme: Themes apply specific color palettes to the Toolbar and interface elements. Themes include Azure, Canyon, Classic, Lime, Spanish Moss, Tuscany, and Dark. [Emphasis mine.]

Under Preferences, however, there is no Theme Setting Area and in the General drop down list there is no Dark "theme"; it stops at Tuscany.

What am I overlooking?

Thank you.

Ok, seems like a dumb question to ask, but: Where's the Dark Mode button? I don't see it anywhere.

Duplicate post...sorry...deleted!

Edited by Diatheke76

Dark mode will be coming to Windows, but it is not there yet. See my post here

Thanks Rick! 

A forum post? Why wasn't that clearly stated in your blog entries and other promotional material that most will view? Look at your own Sneak Peek "Hey, who turned out the lights?" Other than the Mac UI, it was not stated there either.

A forum post? Why wasn't that clearly stated in your blog entries and other promotional material that most will view? Look at your own Sneak Peek "Hey, who turned out the lights?" Other than the Mac UI, it was not stated there either.

I believe that sneak peek was the only blog post where dark mode has been mentioned at all, and none of the sneak peeks went into great detail about any feature. They were all just meant to offer a quick glimpse of something that was coming. 

We don't start promoting Accordance 13 in any big way until Monday. As of right now, the main promotional page about Accordance 13 is our "Go with Accordance 13" page, where it specifically says that dark mode is not available for Windows yet, but will be coming soon.

Thank you. I stand corrected.

Edited by Ramiro Bravomalo