Mobile Sync with Accordance 13 Crashes Mobile Device

Rich

Since installing Accordance 13, when trying to "Sync with Mobile Device" with my iPad, after hitting the Connect button on my Mac, Accordance on my iPad immediately crashes (and on the Mac it says that this device has never synced and gives a blank list of resources).  Very oddly, I was able to start the sync with my iPhone without crashing the device (although it also said I had never sync'ed before with that device) — but then after syncing for a few minutes, Accordance on the Mac crashed.  I tried syncing again and it just seems to stop halfway through trying to install the tools.

Any thoughts on ways to possibly fix this?

After many tries, I finally got the iPhone to sync with Accordance 13 and got a dialog saying to succeeding in syncing, but afterwards, when I go back to resync it again, it says it has never been sync'ed with this device and it wants to reinstall everything again. 

On the iPad, it still immediately crashes when pressing the sync button and never get the option to actually select what I wish to sync.

I have had the same today on my iPhone, but the iPad Pro is syncing fine.

Both my iPhone and iPad are running betas for the iOS, so I was thinking it was due to that somehow.

I received the same "Never synched with this device" warning. With my iPad, the resource list appeared and I could synch. With my iPhone, I had Accordance crashes (Mac and iPhone). If they do not crash, I get the blank resource list (at the top it says the iPhone was last synched on Friday, October 25).

Accordance for Mac 13.0.0 [Mac OS X 10.15.1 Mid 2013 11 inch MacBook Air]

Accordance for iOS 3.0.4 (3.0.3.11461) [iOS 10.3.3 iPad 4th generation], [iOS 13.2 iPhone XS]

I have had the same today on my iPhone, but the iPad Pro is syncing fine.

Both my iPhone and iPad are running betas for the iOS, so I was thinking it was due to that somehow.

Yeah, no betas here... so I think that's probably not the issue.

Edited by Rich

Thanks for the reports. I'll be looking into this.

I'm having the crashing issue on 12.3.6 (yes I'm going to upgrade soon!) on beta versions back to 3.0.3.11447. Crashes occur on both WiFi and Dropbox sync attempts. I've also reported this via TestFlight for beta 3.0.4.11622.

I also have crashing on dropbox sync (I have yet to try mobile sync as most of the time I am using my iPad as a personal hotspot for my laptop and need to take it home to do a wireless sync).

I don't know if the recent Accordance update intended to fix this issue or not.  I did give it a try on both devices and both sync'ed without crashing and much more quickly than before, which seems to imply there was some resolution.

The only continuing issue I've noticed is that I still get a "Never synced with device..." type warning, even if I just sync'ed that device.  I can live with that since it appears that the sync itself is functioning fine and is very quick, but thought I would note it.

A reset of user content through the iOS setting a app fixed my Dropbox sync issue. I haven't tried a sync with Accordance 13 yet to determine if my library will now sync.

I still cannot synch using Accordance 13.0.1.1 (MacOS) and mobile 3.0.4

The programs crash on both the Mac and the iPhone.

:(

Hi all, I found that on my phone I get a crash only when I have a biblical text open while attempting the sync. If I switch to a different type of tool like commentary or something else, it will sync fine (with Dropbox). Tried unlinking Dropbox and re-linking, but it always crashes when a text is open on my phone and I select sync.

• Like 1

Accordance 13 on my iPad Pro crashes whenever I hit the Sync button.

Thanks so much to Ricardo in Tech Support for his help resolving this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I found that on my phone I get a crash only when I have a biblical text open while attempting the sync. If I switch to a different type of tool like commentary or something else, it will sync fine (with Dropbox). Tried unlinking Dropbox and re-linking, but it always crashes when a text is open on my phone and I select sync.

This is terrific. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. But this shouldn't be a solution for Accordance guys. It seems that this problem is widespread. Accordance should spread its solution as widely as the problem. I do not understand why a better troubleshooting is not posted here and Accordance website, facebook, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

While I can synch with my old iPad today, I cannot synch with my iPhone XS. Attempted synching kicks the iPhone Accordance out. Restarting it seems to confuse macOS Accordance, yielding a blank selection window:

post-125-0-71016600-1576340421_thumb.png

Further attempts cause both the iOS and the macOS versions of Accordance to crash. :(  :o  :huh: