Simple Search in a Particular Book

GYDOF1729

To be honest, it's taking you a bunch of clicks partly because you're doing a couple of things that aren't necessary to achieve your search. There are two sequences that will get what you want.

1) open tab, enter inflected form directly in the search bar for that tab, change search range.

OR

2) right-click word and search for inflected form, add [RANGE matt] after the word in the new tab

Jonathan, how do I enter the inflected form directly?  It will only let me type in uios?

If you're typing in an inflected form manually, put it in quotes. 

If you're typing in an inflected form manually, put it in quotes. 

Mark, Jonathan, and Kevin thank you all so much.  I have trying to accomplish this search for a couple of days.  Also, Mark you mentioned Accordance Exchange.  Will all those work for ACC 13?  Seems like most of the recent ones were made during the ACC 12.   And if they can be used, how do I put them into ACC 13 for use?  

Garrell

Or, go to "Search" on the menu bar and select "Enter Inflected Forms" and choose your word from the list.

Mark, Jonathan, and Kevin thank you all so much.  I have trying to accomplish this search for a couple of days.  Also, Mark you mentioned Accordance Exchange.  Will all those work for ACC 13?  Seems like most of the recent ones were made during the ACC 12.   And if they can be used, how do I put them into ACC 13 for use?  

Garrell

Yes, everything on the Accordance Exchange can be used in Accordance 13. 

Or, go to "Search" on the menu bar and select "Enter Inflected Forms" and choose your word from the list.

Yes, everything on the Accordance Exchange can be used in Accordance 13. 

How do I put a file into ACC 13?

What file?

Zip files in Accordance Exchange.  Such as Wallace Searches under Workspaces.  

Hi Garrell,

Different Accordance files go in different locations. I assume you are on a Mac based on your profile. Here is the doc link explaining the file locations http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/09_haat/files_in_accordance_folders.htm. So it depends what the exchange file is as to where you put it. The particular one you point to is one of mine so it's a bit easier for me to explain. Download the zip and unzip it to some temp location. In it there is one User Tool and a swag of workspaces. They are distinguished by their file extension.I don't recall what they are off the top of my head but the one that is unique will be the User Tool, all the rest will be workspaces.

Now the workspace files go to the Accordance Files directory, but default under user/Documents/Accordance Files.

The User Tool goes in the User Tools directory under Accordance Files.

Then the first time you open them use File-> Open... and navigate. Once you have done that it will know it in the library and it will be easier to find the tool. There is some other information on how to set up Accordance file links to the workspaces in the User Tool.

Thx

D

Hi Garrell,

Different Accordance files go in different locations. I assume you are on a Mac based on your profile. Here is the doc link explaining the file locations http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/09_haat/files_in_accordance_folders.htm. So it depends what the exchange file is as to where you put it. The particular one you point to is one of mine so it's a bit easier for me to explain. Download the zip and unzip it to some temp location. In it there is one User Tool and a swag of workspaces. They are distinguished by their file extension.I don't recall what they are off the top of my head but the one that is unique will be the User Tool, all the rest will be workspaces.

Now the workspace files go to the Accordance Files directory, but default under user/Documents/Accordance Files.

The User Tool goes in the User Tools directory under Accordance Files.

Then the first time you open them use File-> Open... and navigate. Once you have done that it will know it in the library and it will be easier to find the tool. There is some other information on how to set up Accordance file links to the workspaces in the User Tool.

Thx

D

You do not need to import anything. Just put the files in place and then open them with File-> Open.... The Import User Tool stuff is for creating UTs from other sources like html or PDF.

Thx

D

You do not need to import anything. Just put the files in place and then open them with File-> Open.... The Import User Tool stuff is for creating UTs from other sources like html or PDF.

Thx

D

Daniel, I must have missed something.    I open Accordance, Click on file, then click on New User Tool.  Not sure from here.

Ok I'm back at my machine and can see how things are setup.

So, in order to install this collection of files just do this:

1. download the zip from the exchange

2. unzip it into a temporary location

3. copy the Wallace Syntax Constructs.acc7 file to your Accordance Files/User Tools directory. This should be under your home directory/Documents by default. If you changed that during installation it will be whereever your workspaces are stored.

4. Copy all the *.accord file - these are the workspaces to your Accordance Files directory or a subdirectory under that if you want to keep them separate. I personally have them in my Accordance Files/Wallace Syntax subdirectory.

Now go to Accordance itself.

To open the User Tool:

Go to the File menu and select the Open ... option.

Navigate to your Accordance Files/User Tools directory and select and open the Wallace Syntax Constructs.acc7 file.

To open the workspace files:

Go to the File menu and select the Open ... option.

Navigate to your Accordance Files and if you created one, the subdirectory you created, and select the workspace you want and open it.

Now I have just discovered something weird. There is mistake in the exchange. The zip files for the first two item in the Workspaces category on the exchange are swapped. So you have to click on the ZIP download link for Red Letter References Gospels, which is actually the wallace_searches.zip. Maybe this is causing you some confusion if you downloaded the wrong ZIP.

I will email the admin for the exchange and ask him to correct the exchange.

Thx

D

Got a super quick response from Ken and then ZIP file issue on the exchange has been fixed. You should be able to download the ZIP from the Wallace Searches entry in the table and it will be the right one, wallace_searches.zip.

Thx

D

Daniel, Thanks for all your help.  I got most of the files into the right places.  However, when I try and put the "Morphological htl" files into the "Highlight" folder this error comes up every time. 

post-35811-0-59510400-1573148813_thumb.jpg

You're placing the file in your highlights folder, located in Documents—>Accordance Files—>Highlights?

Ah .... hmmm... I don't know that one. I assume it's a .hlt file not .htl. At this point I have to confess I don't use highlighting except when I'm testing Accordance features. I just don't work that way I'm afraid. So my knowledge is a bit limited. Also, I know that highlighting has undergone major enhancement in 13. So it is actually possible that the highlight file is now incompatible. I cannot try it as I'm not at my machine now - I can check this evening if the issue has not been resolved by then.

Just looking at the error it is possible the file is simply badly name and Accordance doesn't think it's the right kind of file. Is the extension the same as the other highlight files you have ?

Finally, this topic here has digressed from its original concern. I would suggest you open a new topic on this particular issue. If nothing else that will draw attention to the new issue and people who are not reading this topic anymore may see it and be able to offer advice or assistance.

Thx

D

• Like 1

You're placing the file in your highlights folder, located in Documents—>Accordance Files—>Highlights?

Mark, yes I am putting it in Highlights.