Select and open multiple refs in separate tabs

lbryan

Hi, hope someone can answer this question. I've created a user tool that sometimes lists multiple references - which are part of a chronological reading plan. I'd like to be able to select the references for each day's readings and double-click to open them all at the same time ... having them open in different tabs would be brilliant but I can't seem to make this happen?!? Is it possible and if so how do I do it? I tried opening them all and copying the selection to a reference list but they jump out of the order they are listed in the tool (chronological) into order of their appearance in the Bible, so that doesn't work for me either ... thanks for any help offered!

You should be able to open them all in the same Text window (but they will be arranged in book order), by click in first reference and drag to release in the last reference, or by command click to open all the references in the paragraph. There is no shortcut to open them all in the order they appear.

You should be able to open them all in the same Text window (but they will be arranged in book order), by click in first reference and drag to release in the last reference, or by command click to open all the references in the paragraph. There is no shortcut to open them all in the order they appear.

Thanks Helen, and happy new year!!

Found a way to work around this if anyone's interested. I opened my tool in a separate window beside my workspace (as a detached tab), and simply typed the list of today's reading references, separated by commas, as a search in the workspace window. That brought up all the verses in chronological order, in each of the texts I've set up in the workspace ... perfect!

I guess it makes the scripture links in my tool a bit redundant for the actual reading but they're still useful for further study.

^_^

Archived