Questions / Suggestions for Accordance 13 (for sooner or later)

mgvh

I am mindful that the Accordance staff are no doubt quite busy handling new orders, and they have already posted an update that fixes a number of bugs. As I'm using Acc13, I'm finding a bunch of little things that are not critical but might be addressed down the line. If others want to add in similar sorts of things, I welcome it.

First, those little icons in the upper left of a zone to magnify or close a zone are really small and really close together. I've already tried to magnify and ended up closing a zone. (And the solution is to go back and open a saved workspace.) More spacing between the two icons please?

I still have lots of resources in Logos and BibleWorks that I've either not purchased for Accordance or are not available. Kevin Purcell noted a way to use the Acc web browser on a Mac to access Logos resources within Accordance. That's a handy solution. It does not work on Windows system, however. It appears that the browser engine behind the Acc browser is the old Internet Explorer. I'm guessing that security issues do not allow some things to work in that old IE. So, at some point, getting the browser engine updated would be good.

• Like 1

Suggested elsewhere but good to put in here, the library pane in 13 could do with a compact layout option (similar to that in Gmail). Some screen sizes and users may prefer a little less white space between options so as to fit more of the library in the pane. Adjusting size in preferences also adjusts the size of the contents which may not be desired.

• Like 1

I've duplicated more than just what I use the most, it's a good approach when having used the competitor a longer time than having used Accordance. I also don't need to use both platforms only for the exact same things. Accordance does everything better and with higher precision.

That is a good suggestion but it will likely take a while before it happens, since, unless making a separate version for Windows 10, it would require that Accordance starts to require Windows version 10:

I still have lots of resources in Logos and BibleWorks that I've either not purchased for Accordance or are not available. Kevin Purcell noted a way to use the Acc web browser on a Mac to access Logos resources within Accordance. That's a handy solution. It does not work on Windows system, however. It appears that the browser engine behind the Acc browser is the old Internet Explorer. I'm guessing that security issues do not allow some things to work in that old IE. So, at some point, getting the browser engine updated would be good.