Font Issues in both Accordance 13, and iPadOS

Julia Falling

Here is a shot a section of my notes in Accordance 13.

post-330-0-99157000-1573247593_thumb.jpg

In both places, when the edit window is opened, it says Gal SIL, size 16 point in both notes.  The Standardize text display box is selected.  The two Greek words are obviously not the same font.  Both words were copied either out of BDAG or the Gk text itself.  Sometimes I can change the font to something other than Galatia, save it, and change it back to Galatia and that fixes it.  But my font choices don't "stick".  Does this affect meaning?  Obviously not, but it does affect appearance.  This is a long-standing issue.  Maybe I'm the only one who cares about how my notes look?  Is it my choice of Unicode fonts that causes the problem?  Anyway, it's frustrating to add a nicely formatted note and then have the fonts "morph" on me and end up with a not-so-nicely formatted note.

In iOS, and iPadOS, I can select Galatia SIL, but when I click Done, the font morphs to Accordance Greek – always, no exceptions.  Because of the difference in built in leading between Accordance and Gentium Basic (my chosen English font), I again end up with notes that are a mess, with uneven spacing.  But because I use Standardize text display, it's usually OK on the Mac, but not always (as above), and always has uneven line spacing on iPad and iPhone.  So now, I don't even add notes that require a Greek font on iPhone or iPad, because I have to remember to fix the note on the Mac.  I copied some Greek and English from Rev 22:20 and added it to the note.  Here's a screen shot from the iPad.

post-330-0-25322100-1573250090_thumb.jpg

I really don't like to complain.  Is this fixable?  At the bottom of the list or not on the list at all?  I know it's just aesthetic, but we do have beautiful new themes in Accordance 13 – appearance does matter.  Do I just live with this?  we didn't see this sort of thing a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Update –

I checked all my settings.  I had reinstalled iAccord on the iPad and not checked all my settings.  Now that I've corrected my oversight, I'm no longer seeing morphing.  

User error.  Sorry about that.