Because of my syncing problems, I reinstalled iAccord on both iPhone and iPad. Syncing is fixed, but the module-loading process was not fun and did not go smoothly on either device. Am I doing something wrong? I don't remember it ever being this difficult in the past, but perhaps I've forgotten?
I have a limited install on the phone. I tried to install modules using WiFi because it's easier to select, keep track of what has already been installed, and to get the modules on the device in the right order and in the right folders. However, the sync kept quitting in the middle. When I tried to go back to complete the install, I got the message
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 5.15.36 PM.jpg 36.61KB 0 downloads
This iPhone 11 was purchased in September and has never been synced with any Accordance Library except the one I own, and it has never been synced with any computer but my MBP.
I tried erasing and installing and got the same result. I ended up spending the afternoon with Easy Install – works great for adding a few new modules or for updating installed modules, but not so great when doing a larger install.
Reinstalling modules onto the iPad, where I have a much more extensive install, took a day of loading and organizing. I again started with WiFi, made a couple of attempts, got the same error message, then finished doing batches using Easy Install.
I would love to have a process that was more streamlined and reliable. I would not mind at all having to connect my device to the Mac with a cable for loading, which might be more stable. My iPad is 3½+ years old. We will probably upgrade next spring. Though I'm excited about getting a newer. faster iPad, I dread reinstalling my Accordance content. It's painless on the Mac. Exhausting on the mobile devices.