False search results in HMT-W4

TYA

Please see attached erroneous search results.  And please do something about the greater issues described therein.  Thank you for all your hard work, and for making Accordance great again.

post-35231-0-52824900-1573369649_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

You need to also put quotes around the word to indicate that you're looking for a specific inflected form. 

If you right-click on וַיַּשֵּׁב in Genesis 15:11 and select Search For—>Inflected, a new tab will be opened up and the words will be surrounded by quotes. But since Accordance ignores vowel pointing by default, you also need to add the = sign to indicate that you DO care about vowel pointing.

Screen%20Shot%202019-11-10%20at%206.30.4

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

You need to also put quotes around the word to indicate that you're looking for a specific inflected form. 

If you right-click on וַיַּשֵּׁב in Genesis 15:11 and select Search For—>Inflected, a new tab will be opened up and the words will be surrounded by quotes. But since Accordance ignores vowel pointing by default, you also need to add the = sign to indicate that you DO care about vowel pointing.

Thanks Mark; yes I already knew all this, and in my other post it shows that I had quotations and an equal sign in front of the word.  (But you corrected me over there, and I will respond in further detail in that particular post.  Thanks for that help.)

But as for this post, it at least shows some sort of search glitch in which a totally unrelated word shows up in the results.  I thought it would be of value for Accordance to know that this was happening.  What you see in this screenshot wasn't suggested to me in the search box, and obviously the word is 100% unrelated to what I was searching for, so I'm not sure why it showed up in the results.  And again, this happened twice in the course of 15-20 minutes.

Edited by TYA