Analytics default to word rather than key #

John Fidel

I have a workspace I use with the live click function. It has the text then the results of a live click in another pane and then the analytics of that live click from the results as shown below.

1. When I click on an English word in a reverse interlinear text, I would like to see the various words used in the analytics pane, not the key number. That allows me to see and compare the different translations of the underlying original language word.
  2. The default, even when I select Word as the default, is to go to the key number.
  3. I need to manually change this each time.

Any chance of getting a way to make Word the default... see the screenshots below:

post-1391-0-15272900-1573403006_thumb.png

post-1391-0-01131700-1573403022_thumb.png

post-1391-0-11543100-1573403030_thumb.png

• Like 1

You can do this bit it will be specific only for that particular text. Instead of setting it to Wrd on that pop-up, go to Set Analysis Display (in the Display menu) or the similar menu item in the gear menu or the right-click menu. Set the top pop-up menu and choose to Set as Default. If you set it for ESVS it should stick for that particular Analytic for ESVS. You will need to set it again for the other Analytics, and again for each text you use.

Helen, thanks for the reply. If I click on the display menu and select set graph display, set it to word and then click on set default I get a pop up asking if I want this set for the research text. I click ok. I go back and run another live click search and the analysis returns to Key# because the live click search is a key number search. Here is the layout if you want to try it.

Thanks

LC Workspace.accord

Yes, I have had this exact problem in Accordance 12 and it persists in Accordance 13. Even after following Helen's steps here.

When I first open the bar chart it shows the results for "Word" as expected. However, if I modify the search without closing the bar chart, the bar chart refreshes to show the new search results, but it switches to Key Number.

Every. Single. Time. 

Edit: I reported this back in March, but the problem continues. https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/25763-cannot-change-default-analytics-to-word-instead-of-key-numbers/

Edited by OSchrock

It seems to me that you are both reporting different issues. However, I tested now on a Key number text (we do not all it "reverse interlinear text") and I agree with John that I could not get the default to "stick" to Word if I closed the Analytics and ran a new search in the same text. However, I  did get to to "stick" for new searches when I chose a Black background and set it as default. I think there is a bug that the pop-up menu choice alone does not reset the default. Please try making another change in the settings, and saving it as default.

Did you try making another change in the display?

Yes, all other changes "stick" but not the "word" setting.

I concur that the other options stick if changed. Thanks for your review of this matter Helen.