Sync corrupted highlight files?

Eric J. Tully

In Acc. 12, I had three highlight styles defined: a yellow, a blue box, and a red pattern with vertical lines. I had each of these style named. I would sync these to my iPhone and could add/clear highlights there and they would sync to my desktop- it worked beautifully.

I upgraded to Acc. 13.  Then yesterday, I added a yellow highlight to some text on my phone. When I clicked "Sync" (to Dropbox), I got an error message that said something about a highlight file that needed to be changed to support the new version, or something like that.  Then, my three styles were gone on my phone. They have been changed to "yellow," "turquoise," and "magenta" with no patterns and no longer any labels. 

When I launched my desktop version (13) this morning, at first it showed me my original three highlight labels. Then it crashed. Then I re-launched and, before my eyes, it changed the three styles to "yellow, turquoise, and magenta."

Does v. 13 no longer support text labels for highlight styles?

Thank you,

I believe there is a fix coming soon for the iOS to support the new 13 highlight files.

• Like 1

I had the same issue. I restored the original highlight file from Dropbox, the file before the upgrade.

This just happened to me as well. I used highlights extensively with about a dozen different user-defined styles and now they're all gone and replaced with "Yellow, Magenta, Lavender, Red Underline, Double Underline." All my other, lesser used highlight files are unaffected.

This happened just now, even though I'd upgraded to Accordance 13 when it first came out.

Do I need to try to find a non-corrupted version to restore from dropbox? Or will a future update restore my hundreds of missing highlights?