Highlighting Pen

rcdeacon

Doing some casual reading/contemplating in Psalm 119. I have already highlighted Psalm 119 with a variety of colors/symbols and wanted to connect the word "Happy" which is found in verse 1 and again in verse. While the pen drew the line normally since there was already a highlight (green) on both of the happys in verse 1 and two the line viewed normally in verse 1 but was covered by the highlight in verse 2. I had HALF a line! I know this cannot be normal. Not sure if I should have done things differently or if using the pen requires a different strategy when using.

Bob

post-29794-0-47180800-1573735866_thumb.png

In my experience it does the same — it either draws halfway or after a couple of draws it won’t work anymore. It freezes. So I don’t use the pen or whiteboard mode for now until it gets improved. Plus, I think whiteboard doesn’t get saved, you have to take a screenshot and save it somewhere for future reference.

Bob, you haven't done anything wrong, its an interesting bug that you found!  It does seem that large block style highlighting, like the green highlights you did on verse 2, will cover pen highlights if you have a highlight that goes between verses.  We've logged the issue and will fix it as soon as we can.

Diatheke76, what do you mean by 'halfway' or not working?  Can you provide a specific repeatable example?

Also, why do you want to screenshot the whiteboard?  It is designed for quickly marking up the interface for the purposes of teaching and presentation.  What permanent aspect of the whiteboard did you need to keep?

Thanks for the response Joel. Hate that it is another problem but glad it wasn't operator error!

Bob

For whatever it is worth, it DID NOT do this using the KJV w/strongs.

Bob

Diatheke76, what do you mean by 'halfway' or not working?  Can you provide a specific repeatable example?

Also, why do you want to screenshot the whiteboard?  It is designed for quickly marking up the interface for the purposes of teaching and presentation.  What permanent aspect of the whiteboard did you need to keep?

Sorry Joel for the delayed response! I just noticed this reply.

Ok, concerning the saving a screenshot of the whiteboard, it says on the feature page: "These images are temporary but perfect for teaching visually. Save a screenshot if you want to preserve your annotations." For some reason, I thought saving the images was temporary.  But anyway, cool feature now that I understand it.

And concerning the pen highlighting "halfway" or "not working" I sometimes use the pen highlighter (without the whiteboard) and sometimes it starts marking fine, but then it won't reshape automatically the markings (like circles or lines).  I also use the pen to highlight without the whiteboard and it will mark one or two items, but then it freezes or at times it looks like it's waiting for the program to "catch up" with the highlights.  Sometimes it catches up sometimes it just stays frozen and I have to close the Bible that I'm marking and reopen it again or restart the program.

Does that make sense? I don't know if there's a way to send a file or just me describing what happens.  But that's what's going on.  Another thing now that we're in the highlights.  The symbols sometimes cover the word.  Like commandments, if  you use the tablets symbol, it covers the word "commandments."  So it's kind of hard to read it when you have a symbol over it.  Maybe if there was a way to adjust the symbols and move them a bit so it won't cover up the word completely.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I am adding some information to this, instead of starting a new discussion. It has to do with the Highlighter and some bugs.

I am using a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10 pro version 1909 and Accordance 13.0.2. I have a second screen running off the docking station's mini display port. When I click on "Highlight" with Accordance running in the second screen, I can highlight as we used to do in version 12. But the highlight box does not show up. If Accordance is running in the main screen, which is the screen of the Surface, it works as designed. The box show ups, and I can highlight, use the pen, and if I am really careful, erase. (You really have to be right on the mark to erase things.)

Hopefully some of this information will help you fix some issues.

Thanks