Develop a point-update to v12, beyond support, to support new book formats

Unix

All my posts since 2016 are thought out (and I'm surprised I haven't got more likes for old posts, since I still stick to during the next Decade, to what I'm saying in them), so is this.

I don't expect an official word to be needed for at least a Month, but I'd like to suggest:
That a point update to version 12, be made, beyond support, even though the version after it is already out, that would concist of supporting new book formats.

Currently, few require only version 9.x, most books require version 10.4, some require 11.1 or 11.2, and very few require 12.0 and only one 12.3.2.

Since it is extremely unlikely that Accordance staff HAD planned that NO new books would require a coming point update of version 13, instead of making those future modules require version 13, I suggest them to require 12.4! Which is a version that doesn't exist nor has likely been under development. Only I expect, there are indeed plans for a 12.3.7.

• 2 months later...

I had previously posted a poll, in which thread, if You read it carefully, You can see that I'm requesting older software version MODULE support to stop -

of course I knew many modules are not complex so therefore they require the most basic increment of versions that all users are likely to have or newer, but OakTree produces a bit too many simple modules - so the need for the very simple modules even though boosting sales a bit is not that great for advanced users and scholars (and versions 9 and 10 are pre-historically ancient by now and version 10 crashed a lot on Windows - it's about time that Windows users pay more (or update through my offer on the left in all my posts (I have one v

10->12 upgrade to gift but if no-one wants it soon I give it to the local seminary here))!: https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/25241-will-it-make-a-difference-to-you-when-looking-for-something-to-buy-if-a-module-of-the-type-you-need-requires-a-specific-software-version-for-install/

F.e. there have still been comming out commentaries and Study Bibles that require v. 10.4 or higher, ONLY. I'm wanting to say that there are enough commentaries altogether and Study Bibles in the Accordance Storefront! There are many splendid ones, I DO recommend the purchase of many that are being sold, but if You think of sources there have been sources added in the early 19th Century, late 19th Century, mid 20th Century and a new perspective (Socio-Historical), including sources of different faiths (M...ism, G...ism), so the standardmost approach in commenting only gets You far or deep but doesn't necessarily further deepen, or strengthen or build on more sources at all, than the Massoretic text of 37 books (to the exclusion of Esther and Song of Songs that are not necessarily accepted or agreed upon everywhere) and New Testament. And taking myself as an example I have the very minimum of Study Bibles and do just fine, I'd be fine without, there are definitely NONE ever coming that I'd want.

Why update the old version You ask? Well OakTree can make turnover and some profit to offset various costs, also from Module Sales.

So my request IS for a version 12.4 to be developed! It's because more sophistication is in the view of the individual library and the results it can give!

Also saw afterwards that one set and three Bibles out of which two are Polish, require version 11.0.

One resource now requires 13.0.3: https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Targums.awmap (reg. price $149). I'm asking though that that one latter resource is not what I meant for and will not be for 12.4 since it's a complex one!:

Currently, few require only version 9.x, most books require version 10.4, some require 11.1 or 11.2, and very few require 12.0 and only one 12.3.2.