"There was an error processing your clipboard contents"

TYA

I'm getting this fairly frequently in v.13 (I don't think I ever got it in v.12), primarily when I use a simple macro to copy a verse ref. and paste it into the search bar.

I have a macro which, after I manually highlight a verse ref. (e.g. Gen 1:1), the macro presses "copy," and then goes to the search field, clears the search field, then pastes the ref. into it, and hits "Enter."  A very simple macro.

And I have to use this macro because Accordance doesn't (yet) save a history of verses that I've been to... unless they've been typed and manually entered in the search field.  So what I do is, when I come to a verse that is important, and I may need to revisit, I run this little macro on it to plug that verse into the history.

(Note: I'd really like, again, for Accordance to have that history function that the competitor I was using has, which contains a pop up box with all verses that have been visited, or paused on.)

Anyway, the point of this post is that I'm getting this annoying error (see attached), and it is, like other errors I've posted regarding User Tools, blocking me from moving forward.  I don't believe I ever saw this in v.12, so why must I see it in v.13?

To be clear, this error occurs about 25% of the time that I run this macro, and I always have the verse ref. properly highlighted before running the macro, so this isn't user error.  So it doesn't happen 100% of the time, but annoyingly enough, about 25% of the time.

post-35231-0-39233900-1573964854_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Here, a second example, without any macro involvement.

I literally just highlighted everything showing in the search field, pressed Ctrl+C, and suddenly got this error.

It is interesting to note that, despite the error, it did copy the content.  But the error is annoying, and it blocks the flow of my macro mentioned in the post above.  So please get rid of it.

post-35231-0-94504200-1573978503_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Here, a second example, without any macro involvement.

I literally just highlighted everything showing in the search field, pressed Ctrl+C, and suddenly got this error.

It is interesting to note that, despite the error, it did copy the content.  But the error is annoying, and it blocks the flow of my macro mentioned in the post above.  So please get rid of it.

I'm getting this message, too. Whenever I Ctrl+C from a tool module or from the search box in a text display/search module (bibles). When I copy directly from a bible text it does not produce the error.

Likewise, despite the error, it does copy the text.

Any ideas?

w

• 2 months later...

It has been several months and I am getting this same error. It basically puts the program into a state where mouse click generates the error again and the only option is to kill Accordance from Task Manager.  Any idea when this will be fixed?

Are you sure you updated to 13.1.1? I believe the error was fixed in the last few weeks.

I use a simple macro to copy a verse ref. and paste it into the search bar.

I have a macro which, after I manually highlight a verse ref. (e.g. Gen 1:1), the macro presses "copy," and then goes to the search field, clears the search field, then pastes the ref. into it, and hits "Enter."  A very simple macro.

And I have to use this macro because Accordance doesn't (yet) save a history of verses that I've been to... unless they've been typed and manually entered in the search field.

Macro?! (ears perk up!) I'm a macro nut. What do you use for your macro? 

Verse history, like OT? I find that incredibly helpful! Does forum etiquette dictate we cannot speak the names of other software? 

Verse history is great, because the Magnifying glass only shows what's been searched, not navigated. And I like using the navigation box (type tab from the search entry field). 

Kind regards

Edited by Drewster

It has been several months and I am getting this same error. It basically puts the program into a state where mouse click generates the error again and the only option is to kill Accordance from Task Manager.  Any idea when this will be fixed?

Thanks.  I guess since I get prompted for content updates every time I startup, I thought I would get prompted for application updates as well.  I was on 13.0.4.   Updating seems to have fixed the problem.

• Like 1