• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Interests:G-d; Moshiyach; Jewish texts; Israel; family; spreading good news, and serving G-d's people; making new friends (hopefully you!); Bible software's like Accordance :)

Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:18 AM

In this screenshot I've bookmarked a few verses in a list of say, a dozen verses.  I can easily export these "marked verses" to a New reference list, and then export them as verse references out of Accordance.  Very good.

However, what I don't see an option for is inverting the verses that are marked, so that I can specifically export the verses that I didn't mark.

This is important (and I used such a feature in the competition regularly) because I may be writing a comment and making a contrast between a certain subset of verses against another subset of verses.  As I see it now, Accordance doesn't allow for this. 

The competition had a handy feature which allowed one to invert the selection, so that what was marked became unmarked, and vice versa.  That would be nice.

Attached Files

• דָנִיאֶל and Donald Cobb like this

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 12,019 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:08 AM

You can open a third tab and enter [CONTENTS tab-a ] <NOT>  [CONTENTS tab-b ].

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Interests:G-d; Moshiyach; Jewish texts; Israel; family; spreading good news, and serving G-d's people; making new friends (hopefully you!); Bible software's like Accordance :)

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:36 PM

Thanks, Helen, but I don't fully understand.  If that is the third tab, then what are in the first two tabs?

And the problem with this is that my search is conducted--not within a vacuum--but in one tab of several that are open in a Workspace.  I'm struggling to figure out how to get the entire list out of the particular tab in one of my "dense" Workspaces, and into another place.

I'm open to your suggestion, but just need some help understanding it.  Ultimately though, I hope you will take seriously the request for a very simple "invert selection" option.  That would be great.

#4 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:01 PM

Hi Toma,

I thought about Helen's solution but I thought you were looking for a one-click solution which I agree would be nice.

Here's a worked example.

Two tabs - simple inversion - note that the range of the text searched and inverted is the same. I assume that is what you want. If not then you can adjust.

Attached File  sc.jpg   57.79KB   0 downloads

One note. In my ESVS Inverted tab I initially tried * <NOT> .... but that does a word search matching * to words which is not what you want. So to keep it on a Verse search you need to use RANGE command and then <NOT> [CONTENTS....]

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל, 17 November 2019 - 02:03 PM.

• TYA likes this
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#5 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the advice, D.   That is helpful.

But a one-click solution is definitely needed.  That is extremely cumbersome, as it would require all these steps:

1) Duplicating a search tab and detaching it from my original Workspace, to take it to a new location.

2) Also, I want only a subset of the results in the original search tab, because I applied bookmarks to only some of those search results.  So actually, I have to make a separation from the original search results.

3) Renaming multiple tabs in the new window to get the formula to work properly

4) Typing commands, including (as in D.'s screenshot) a Range for the verses involved

5) Adding the <NOT> language, etc.

In the competitor's program, it worked this way: a search yielded a list of verses with checkboxes next to it.  I could go down the list and check the boxes for the verses I want.  Then, if I want to invert those options (which I did quite frequently), I simply selected "Invert," and done.

Again, I'm grateful for the "workaround's" given above.  No doubt.  But Accordance: please consider simplifying this process.

Thank you.

Edited by TYA, 17 November 2019 - 03:04 PM.

• Fabian likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users