NET Greek NT Module - a few questions

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I'm wondering a couple of things about this module.

1. It says with Strongs which is odd for Accordance because normally the key tags are on the translation not the OL text. Is there something different here ?

2. It says it's basically a WH text but the notes in the image seem to indicate differences wrt to WH. How extensive are the notes with the module ?

3. How extensive are the differences between this and WH ? Are there any really major ones ? Running the NET translation in parallel with WH seems to work fine.

4. Do you know if there is a plan to produce an OT OL text that the NET OT was translated from ? Or is that just Leningrad or ... ?

Thx

D

Thanks for asking this question as I was wondering the same. I would like an example of how this would be of benefit to an Accordance user that has several other GNT texts.

I'm wondering a couple of things about this module.

1. It says with Strongs which is odd for Accordance because normally the key tags are on the translation not the OL text. Is there something different here ?

2. It says it's basically a WH text but the notes in the image seem to indicate differences wrt to WH. How extensive are the notes with the module ?

3. How extensive are the differences between this and WH ? Are there any really major ones ? Running the NET translation in parallel with WH seems to work fine.

4. Do you know if there is a plan to produce an OT OL text that the NET OT was translated from ? Or is that just Leningrad or ... ?

I was wondering the same kind of things myself! Yesterday, I sat down with Hampton Keathley, who is in the NET Bible booth next to ours at ETS. Here is what I can tell you.

1. Bible.org prepared the text with Strong's numbers. We did not do separate tagging on them but used what they gave us. It's similar to our Textus Receptus with Strong's.

2-3. I'm offering a screenshot below. The NET GNT does not diverge from WH in every verse but a few verses in each chapter. The example below is pretty average. Also this will give you an example as to how extensive the notes are. I asked about introduction (there is not one currently) and Hampton said that he would ask Daniel Wallace to write one to describe methodology and decisions made.

4. I didn't ask about plans for an OT. There is one online at Bible.org. I'll see what I can find out.  Okay, I asked about this. They do not have plans to make a similar release for the Hebrew Bible at this time.

5. [i added this one]. There are no plans for a print version of the NET GNT.

NET%20GNT.png?dl=1

• Like 4

5. [i added this one]. There are no plans for a print version of the NET GNT.

It's out of print, but one of the most beautiful Bibles I ever owned was a diglot NET (1st edition, with notes, as I recall) with NA27, on facing pages. 

• Like 2

It's out of print, but one of the most beautiful Bibles I ever owned was a diglot NET (1st edition, with notes, as I recall) with NA27, on facing pages. 

I still use the diglot NET.  It is a treasure.  I asked a while back when the New Updated NET came out, if they were going to put it into print.  They had no plans.  

• Like 1