Searching in the Nestle-Aland 28 Cross-Reference module

Francesco Grassi

How do you search for italics in the module? When I search for Is. 61,1 (and 58:6) in Luke-Acts, the famous quotation in Luke 4:18 doesn't show up.

I run the search by setting Isaiah as "Scripture" and Luke-Acts as "Reference" in the search boxes.

Thanks

The Nestle-Aland 28 Cross-Reference module is no longer supported, it was combined with the Apparatus so you would not need to have so many panes open

I did exactly your search in the Apparatus and it worked:

• 18 ⸆ (Is 61,1) ιασασθαι τους συντετριμμενους την καρδιαν A K Γ Δ Θ Ψ 0102 ƒ1 565. 892c. 1241. 1424. 2542 f vgcl syp.h bomss; Irlat ¦ txt ℵ B D L W Ξ ƒ13 33. 579. 700. 892✱ lat sys co; Or Eus Did.

Thanks, Helen. I do have the Apparatus (Holger Strutwolf), and yes, Is 61 shows up. However, I still have the same problem with references that are either in italic and/or marked as LXX allusions/quotations.

E.g. Is 58,6 in Lk 4:19; Is 29:14 in 1 Cor 1:19; Is 40:13 in 1 Cor 2:16; 1 Sam 2:10 in 1 Cor 1:31, etc.

In fact, I am not able either to just search for the symbol [i am not able the insert the LXX symbol here], so I guess the two things might be related.

Edited by Francesco Grassi

I agree that it is hard to work out which fields the special parts of the apparatus have been assigned to. The Septuagint symbol  appears in both the Witnesses field and the Signs & Abbreviations fields but neither of those find the section you quote in Lk 4:19.

I also don't know what field the italics cross references belong to. The two IS references in this italics section are in the English Content even though they link like cross references.

These modules are very complex, and perhaps they merit some clean up.

Perhaps it would help if there was some way to see what kind of field is under the cursor, like

1. show the name of the field under the cursor in a sort of status bar space between the back and forward stopped and the jump box; or

2. add something to the context menu to show the field name for the selected text.

These modules are very complex, and perhaps they merit some clean up.

I agree. Thanks

Perhaps it would help if there was some way to see what kind of field is under the cursor, like

1. show the name of the field under the cursor in a sort of status bar space between the back and forward stopped and the jump box; or

2. add something to the context menu to show the field name for the selected text.

One of the things you can do is search for all items in a field. That helps to understand a complex tool like this. You can enter *? to highlight everything in a field.

• Like 2