Quick question for Android accordance about screen staying on

DLeavins

Is it possible on Accordance for Android to have the screen stay on while using the app? In other words, can Accordance override the normal phone setting for timing out the screen while using the app? I looked through the settings for a while and was unable to find this option. Sorry if I missed it.

By the way, you guys are doing a great job with the app on Android. I think it has progressed nicely.

• Like 2

I don't think there is a setting for this in the app, but apps like Tasker, or Keep Screen On are possible workarounds. I have a Tasker profile for this which works flawlessly. 

When I tap once to have the menus disappear, and accordance is in full screen mode, I think it usually stays on.

Just noticed that doesnt work anymore. Must have been changed with the update or so

Yes I thought reading mode stayed on too. I tried to find an old post about it because I have a vague recollection of a discussion about it, but I could not find it.

thx

D

• 2 weeks later...

Just added this to the latest version (2.0.1). If you are signed up as a beta tester, the update to 2.0.1 should be available to you already in the Google Play Store. Otherwise, this should be publicly available within a couple days, assuming no issues come up in beta testing.

To use this feature:

When you open app settings (i.e. the Settings screen within the app) the first option is a toggle switch to "Keep screen on while reading". Enabling this option will keep the screen on indefinitely while you are on the reading screen. The option is enabled by default for tablets but must be manually enabled for phones.

Thanks for the feature request!

• Like 1

Thank you! Wonderful!

Just added this to the latest version (2.0.1). If you are signed up as a beta tester, the update to 2.0.1 should be available to you already in the Google Play Store. Otherwise, this should be publicly available within a couple days, assuming no issues come up in beta testing.

To use this feature:

When you open app settings (i.e. the Settings screen within the app) the first option is a toggle switch to "Keep screen on while reading". Enabling this option will keep the screen on indefinitely while you are on the reading screen. The option is enabled by default for tablets but must be manually enabled for phones.

Thanks for the feature request!