• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Study God's Word with my Bible Software. Still trying to learn how to play the guitar.
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:54 AM

It’d be nice if the whiteboard mode could support drawing with a finger or stylus pen. That would be more helpful than drawing with the mouse cursor.

Thanks!
  • Dick Roberts likes this

#2 Clint Cozier

Clint Cozier

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:18 PM

I use Astropad for this and it works great! It allows me to use an Apple pencil on an iPad to draw and annotate. Duet display can do this as well, but Astropad is less expensive and far more responsive.

Edited by Clint Cozier, 30 November 2019 - 01:19 PM.

#3 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Study God's Word with my Bible Software. Still trying to learn how to play the guitar.

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

Thanks, Clint! I’m looking for something that works with my windows 10 laptop that has touch screen capability.

#4 Clint Cozier

Clint Cozier

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:18 PM

In that case, look at Duet Display which will work on Windows 10 with an Android or iOS tablet. Astropad is a Mac only program. 

#5 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:29 PM

Thanks again 👍😁👌

#6 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,624 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:31 AM

There's definitely room for improvement on the way this works on Windows touchscreens, but there is kind of a way to do it. Double tap your finger or stylus, and on the second tap, hold and start drawing.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#7 Justin Neal

Justin Neal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:53 AM

Is live highlighting, i.e. whiteboard available in the Lite version?  The traditional highlighting works, but I can't get the new features to work.  Just making sure I'm not missing a step... 

#8 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 12,024 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:23 PM

It's one of the many new features that are not available in the Lite version. See https://www.accordan...te-Limitations/

• Justin Neal and Diatheke76 like this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#9 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

There's definitely room for improvement on the way this works on Windows touchscreens, but there is kind of a way to do it. Double tap your finger or stylus, and on the second tap, hold and start drawing.

I hope the improvement comes fast 💨 I did try your trick and it worked but it’s a little clunky. Sometimes I draw a line or circle and then tap to stop, but when I tap on a new area to highlight a line draws automatically from last position to new position. The temporary fix is to double tap when you finish a line, that way when you tap on another location to highlight the line across won’t follow.

Anyway, good for now, but hopefully some improvement can be made in some update in the not so distant future 👍😁👌 Thanks again.

Oh By The Way! Is there a way to have a short cut like F8 to automatically initiate whiteboard drawing but without the little context menu window showing. To draw I have to open the tiny window and move it to the bottom right corner so it won’t be in the way. Also, it’d be nice to have another shortcut to clear the whiteboard markings. It seems to work with alt + ctrl + 3 to activate and deactivate but one button shortcut would be better.

Thanks! 👍😁👌

#10 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

On the same note, I can see why it would be good to have the context menu window available for whiteboard drawing, that way you can change colors and thickness of lines. Lots of possibilities for sure 👍😁👌

#11 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:42 PM

I have found a temporal awesome solution to highlighting and marking up during my screen presentation with Accordance or Logos! It's called Epic Pen and best of all, it's FREE!!! The only problem is that when I click on a picture to enlarge it in Accordance, for some reason it won't make marks or highlights when the zoom in and out window is open.

But other than that, it meets my most basic needs for now until Accordance can improve theirs and Logos definitely takes their drawing mode back to the drawing board, because it's too clunky!

Anyway, check it out Accordance, it's called Epic Pen.  You might get some ideas from there to implement them in the Accordance App!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users