Linking/Merging Hebrew Lexica (HALOT, DCH, BDB)

lippke

Dear all

I have been following the discussions on merging / linking biblical texts in order that they scroll together. 

Is this feature also available with Hebrew dictionaries (HALOT, DCH, BDB)? I know the feature form logos and it was a wonderful help. Just entering one root (for example סבב) and getting the results of all Hebrew dictionaries at once. Also scrolling through all parallel. The feature of «window» /  »tabs» / «koppeln» (Thats the German version, perhaps it is «linking» in the English version) does not result in a parallel scrolling. 

What could I do or whats the underlying problem?

Thanks for your help. 

Bes regards 

Florian. 

• Like 1

Hallo Florian

Ich denke das Scrollen der Lexika zusammen ist hilfreich. Leider ist das aber (noch) nicht unterstützt. http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/tie_separate_tabs.htm#kanchor745

Da muss man wohl ein Feature Request starten.

Du kannst aber dennoch alle [Hebräischen Lexika] aufs Mal [Durchsuchen]. Entweder du stellst oben rechts das [Durchsuchen] Feld auf Hebräisch modern. Oder du gehst von einem Text aus. Da kannst du mit einem Rechtsklick auf [Durchsuchen] etc. oder wenn du Live-Klick aktiviert hast reicht einfach ein Klick auf das Wort.  

Grüsse

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Hallo Fabian

Danke für die Einschätzung, dass es bisher noch nicht unterstützt wird. Dann sollte man wirklich gemeinsam dafür eintreten. Erleichtert die einzelnen Schritte. 

Ich schau mal, dass ich einen request starte. 

Deine beiden Tipps sind simpel umzusetzen und führen zu einem sehr schönen Ergebnis. Danke dafür - das hat mir sehr weitergeholfen. 

Auch Danke für die schnelle Antwort - so konnte ich gleich mein Problem lösen. 

Grüsse 

Florian

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I think Link tab support is good enough.

Just setup your favorite dictionary, e.g. HALOT, as the main tab, then run [LINK HALOT] as the search in your other dictionary. If your dictionary tab is labeled something else, [LINK WhateverYouCalledIt]

It's not hard.

Edited by dandennison
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 10:34 AM, lippke said:

Dear all

I have been following the discussions on merging / linking biblical texts in order that they scroll together. 

Is this feature also available with Hebrew dictionaries (HALOT, DCH, BDB)? I know the feature form logos and it was a wonderful help. Just entering one root (for example סבב) and getting the results of all Hebrew dictionaries at once. Also scrolling through all parallel. The feature of «window» /  »tabs» / «koppeln» (Thats the German version, perhaps it is «linking» in the English version) does not result in a parallel scrolling. 

What could I do or whats the underlying problem?

Thanks for your help. 

Bes regards 

Florian. 

And as on other places. By pressing "Command" you unlink them and you can scroll them independently. 

Thanks.

• Like 2

Don't forget you can also use Live Click to display any or all of your lexica by simply clicking on a word.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 8.08.15 AM.png

• 1 year later...

I'd like to do a video on Linked Tabs. Maybe something a little longer than a "QuickTip".

Are there particular workflows you'd like me to feature in the video?

I also want to do a more general webinar on workflows in general. Linked Tabs would be part of it, but I can feature other stuff in it as well. What are some things you'd want me to cover?

Once I get an outline down, I'll get something on the schedule. Hopefully in January.

• Like 1