• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Study God's Word with my Bible Software. Still trying to learn how to play the guitar.
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:54 PM

Some Bible softwares have a web app for you to access your library online. Do we have that in Accordance? I know Logos and WORDsearch have that.

Thanks!

#2 KevinPurcell

KevinPurcell

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Twitter:kapurcell
  • Interests:Check out our new Theotek YouTube Channel with lost of Accordance topics and other Bible software and church/bible tech content.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:28 AM

They do not have it currently. I have asked for this too, but I doubt they will ever offer it.

Dr. Kevin A. Purcell
@kapurcell on Twitter
www.KevinPurcell.org

View Theotek on YouTube at http://bit.ly/TheoTekYT

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 12,024 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:32 AM

Ever is a very long time. I think we will eventually get there, but we have not set a deadline for it.

• R. Mansfield likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 KevinPurcell

KevinPurcell

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Check out our new Theotek YouTube Channel with lost of Accordance topics and other Bible software and church/bible tech content.

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:53 AM

Ever is a very long time. I think we will eventually get there, but we have not set a deadline for it.

That alone is hopeful.

As an occasional Chromebook user, I'd love to see it. It would be nice to see it as a PWA that could run offline and online.

Dr. Kevin A. Purcell
@kapurcell on Twitter
www.KevinPurcell.org

#5 sfarson

sfarson

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:47 PM

Would be great to see some kind of web access to purchased resources from Accordance. It doesn't sound like this is going to happen anytime soon. Wish it would. And/Or perhaps make it possible to have license access to resources on more than five pc's/devices. 

Over time have upgraded a PC/Mac or two or three, bought a phone or two or three, bought a tablet or two or three, bought a laptop or two or three. Only with Accordance have I had to uninstall the application on various pc's/laptops/devices/phones,etc. (though these pc's/devices still work fine and I use them on occasion when I haven't given them to others) due to the Accordance five pc/device license restriction. Don't have this limiting issue with other Bible softwares I've owned/own. Plus I can fetch resources purchased from these Bible software companies and view/work with them on the web. Plus, increasingly, publishers are providing online access to Bible resources/tools. Check out esv.org as an example. Only with Accordance do I have limits/restrictions.

So, perhaps Accordance can think through the trends, and/or work/rework the five pc/device restriction, and/or work on some kind of web access. Fantastic product. Just wish I could use it wherever I want on whatever I want.

#6 Unix

Unix

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Twitter:mcyklist
  • Location:EU. Inter/multidisciplinary Humanities that have something to do with sustainability or correct comprehension of Peoples, including: 2nd Millennia BC, History of Ideas, History of 1902-1945 and reenactment of that era clothing, using LSJ for the Ancient Gk corpus (skipped BrillDAG since I couldn't afford it and it is still not under Accordance), might many Years from now visit a certain new cult on the Taiga in Siberia, Ethics for divorced men; singing; guiding; both Reformed and Catholic simultaneously
  • Interests:On the laptop 11.2.5 loads my books, uses slightly less battery than 12. 11 had a great Info Pane, partial download of Collections had already become possible, settings for text preferences suffice, library sorting, Research. I have a few extra Accordance 12.3.6 (and for Accordance version 2.0 for Android which is really GREAT and now with improved UI, and it is also for Accordance iPad 3.x) licenses to gift - still have Nov. 14.-23. 2019 and likely for a while, multiple copies left beyond november!
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

I only have Accorcance (11.2.5 which is from January 2017) on ONE device: AMD A9 -equipped laptop. I don't have restrictions for USE.

As for a Web App, I don't wish for it, better to put developemnt efforts on where it is due! Users may wish for free things not even wanting to pay the actual cost for it. Noticing that no-one suggested they'd pay for it. When I make important suggestions, I see to that I tell all what I'm willing to pay!

Also: This was posted in the wrong subforum and should thus be moved to website complaints: https://www.accordan...ggestions-help/

Accordance is not restricted: You can install it on an as lousy computer as exists!

I understand that there are people who use the desktop software intensely, they would not be satisfied by a webb app. Whether a subset of features would be enough would be a matter of diverse opinions.

The current setup is perfected!

• Diatheke76 likes this

#7 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Study God's Word with my Bible Software. Still trying to learn how to play the guitar.

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:37 PM

I only have Accorcance (11.2.5 which is from January 2017) on ONE device: AMD A9 -equipped laptop. I don't have restrictions for USE.

As for a Web App, I don't wish for it, better to put developemnt efforts on where it is due! Users may wish for free things not even wanting to pay the actual cost for it. Noticing that no-one suggested they'd pay for it. When I make important suggestions, I see to that I tell all what I'm willing to pay!

Also: This was posted in the wrong subforum and should thus be moved to website complaints: https://www.accordan...ggestions-help/

Accordance is not restricted: You can install it on an as lousy computer as exists!

I understand that there are people who use the desktop software intensely, they would not be satisfied by a webb app. Whether a subset of features would be enough would be a matter of diverse opinions.

The current setup is perfected!

😂😂😂 You just made my day! Thanks! 😂😂😂

#8 KevinPurcell

KevinPurcell

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:40 PM

I would be happy to pay a small fee for a web app. Maybe they should set it up as a crowd funded and see how much people would be willing to give for the benefit and use that money to grab a web dev to do the work so as not to cannibalize their current development of computer and mobile apps. The Android app is a nice addition, but it is way behind iOS. Also, would love to see built-in syncing instead of using 3rd party so would rather they spend time on that instead of a web app. But I would love a web app.

• R. Mansfield, Donald Cobb and calton like this

Dr. Kevin A. Purcell
@kapurcell on Twitter
www.KevinPurcell.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users