Can version 12 be installed concurrently with 13?

miketisdell

How can one install version 12 and version 13 on the same computer (windows)? I tried to install 12 and it removed my version 13.

Rename one of them--perhaps with a numeric designation on one of the filenames.

This happens to me automatically on Mac as I had severals Accordance Apps installed. The current one is without a number and all other get automatically the number of the version. But I don't know how it happens on Win.

If I rename the executable, will it work if the rest of the files are from the other version?

The first thing I would try is installing in a separate location. That should work. Then to distinguish them I would create separate shortcuts

Renaming the exe won't change what it's capable of. But some things from 13 won't work in twelve and they will share some data. I noticed while testing that switching between the versions tended to boot with a new ws

Thx
D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל
  • Like 1

I believe that highlights are the main incompatibility between 12 & 13, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, what is the point of having two versions of Accordance if one is not a beta?

Just in case you have a bug in 13 that is not in 12 and you cannot workaround it or wait for a fix.

Thx

D