Sermon Building

GYDOF1729

I would love to see some basic sermon building from Accordance users.  Demonstrate how you might use Accordance to build your sermon from start to finish, possibly how you outline your passages, and etc.  Screenshots are always helpful.  I really enjoy seeing the practical side of how others build their sermons.  For the Glory of God!!!

calton,

Attached is the session that I used for this coming Sunday's sermon.

12.08.accord.zip

• Like 2

calton,

Attached is the session that I used for this coming Sunday's sermon.

Tim, 

How do you put this into Accordance?  

Garrell

Tim, 

How do you put this into Accordance?  

Garrell

Has anyone else got this to work?  I can't seem to get this file to work.  Do you put it under stacks or workspaces inside accordance files?

Strictly you can put it where you like. I put it under Accordance Files I think - not at my mac to check - but wherever you keep your workspace files. Unzip the zip file and move the acc file. Then in Accordance do File-> Open and navigate to it and open it.

Thx

D

It seems that workspaces don't share well if you don't have all the resources that the person sharing it did. Maybe it's better to post images?

It'll open ok but it will warn about modules it wants if you don't have them, and then of course it won't look quite the same. So yeah, perhaps screenshots are better.

Thx

D

Sorry all. I will post screenshots later today

• Like 1

You may also want to take a look at some of the videos that have been made in the past by "Dr Jay". I believe there should be a couple that go through most of the basic steps of putting a message together.

• Like 1

Here are some screenshots.

post-18813-0-50810100-1575744969_thumb.png

post-18813-0-23189900-1575744977_thumb.png

post-18813-0-33616100-1575744986_thumb.png

post-18813-0-10879400-1575744995_thumb.png

• Like 1

Also, here is an explanation of my sermon process and the calendar I use. To give credit where it is due, I altered a schedule I received from Dr. David Ward one of my preaching profs from my preaching class last August at Asbury Seminary).

Let me know any questions.

Sermon prep plan.xlsx.zip

Tims sermon prep process.docx.zip

• Like 1

This is great, Tim. Thanks for sharing. I'm preaching on the same passage tomorrow!

What mind map app is that, that you've got a screenshot of in the Dropbox image?

• Like 2

Scapple ... it is from the developers of Scrivener (Literature & Latte). I got an academic license ages ago. The concept is a napkin that you can draw on (https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scapple/overview)

I love it as it helps to get all the pieces of the text down and see how things flow (that flow typically turns into my outline).

Edited by Timothy Hall
  • Like 4

Thanks for sharing! I would have never thought of using Scapple like this! Really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Glad to share!!

• 2 months later...

I only build my outline in Word then paste it into Accordance.  When I have it in Accordance, I then add pictures or other extra notes.  I present from my screen so having the ability to show my outline with pictures and a Bible ready at the click of a button is great for people to follow along.

Unfortunately, I've invested too much on my main Bible Software that most of my resources English and Spanish are there and not in Accordance.  Besides, Accordance is extremely limited in the Spanish department, hence, the why it is not my main software, but my second main software.  I love the Paper feature and it blows the competition out of the water!  Great software for presenting from your screen and lightning fast too!