User Tools Links Not Recognizing "Acts" As A Book, Generating Error

JohnABarnett

I am beginning to work with User Tools. My first attempt involves some work in the book of Acts. Everything works as expected until I create links to my Scripture references in Acts, at which point when I click on Update it fails and gives me an error message "The book 'Cts' cannot be found." Clearly the "A" in "Acts is not being recognized, despite the fact that the full reference is both selected and showing in the Create/Edit Link dialogue.

Ideas?

EDITED TO ADD -- PROBLEM SOLVED (I think).

It turns out there is some sort of character issue. Not sure why, but if I place the cursor right at the position where "Acts" begins, and then delete back to the end of my previous paragraph, and then hit return a couple of times, it solves the problem. Is it something I'm doing, or a bug?

Edited by JohnABarnett

For what it's worth, while I don't have the exact same set of circumstances that you described, I do have a myriad of bugs / problems with User Tools--one of them specifically being that when I would try to hyperlink a verse reference in the tool, an entire paragraph of my content would suddenly be deleted.  That's the closest one of my 7-10 User Tool related bugs that seems to match your description above.

Or, also, when specifically importing User Tools as PDF or HTML, the verses--crystal clear references, properly formatted--don't end up getting hyperlinked at all.  (I think currently for me this is worse with HTML import than with PDF import).  That also sounds like it could potentially be related to your issue of "Acts" not being recognized.

Edited by TYA

After working further with things, I can work around what looks to me to clearly be a bug, but it is still a bug. The workaround is easy but it interrupts the creative flow. To quote a constant quip from my first-year Greek class long ago, "παντα ρει."