Andrew G

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:59 AM

I know many modules have been on sale (very grateful) and there's the 25% discount that comes around, but I'm wondering if some modules will ever see a deep discount like we get sometimes with NICOT/NT, NIGNT, WBC, etc... I know it's usually up to the publisher to offer them, but I thought it would be fun to see what people have in this wishlist that if a major sale came around, they would instantly buy.

Here's my list.

BDAG and HALOT

I know it goes on sale, but I don't think it has ever been offered at a huge discount

(I still regret not getting the Ultimate Collection when I first got Accordance)

ENGLISH BIBLES ADD-ON

like NLT, CEB, AMPLIFIED

esp. with the Text Browser, would be great to be able to add more English versions at a low cost

COMMENTARY ON THE NEW TESTAMENT USE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT

What about you?

#2 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:Photography, running and coffee (lots of coffee...)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:20 AM

Andrew, I always thought the ultimate collection was the best value for money that Accordance had offered. I'm so glad I got when I did, it had all the underlying modules I needed with some outstanding commentary sets.  I probably have everything I need but no doubt will buy again when I spot a genuine bargain (which is quite often).

• Michael Hunt likes this

Paul M.

Pastor.

All things Apple, iMac, Air, iPad, iPhone.

Long term Accordance user. (10 years).  v.13.

#3 Andrew G

Andrew G

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:37 AM

Andrew, I always thought the ultimate collection was the best value for money that Accordance had offered. I'm so glad I got when I did, it had all the underlying modules I needed with some outstanding commentary sets.  I probably have everything I need but no doubt will buy again when I spot a genuine bargain (which is quite often).

Yes!  The ultimate collection was great.  When I first got Accordance, I was somewhat just testing the waters, unsure how much to invest and what I truly needed/wanted.  It's in hindsight I realize I should have just went with the Ultimate.  But, as you also say, Accordance is great with the sales they have, so I have been able to add modules at good prices.

#4 JohnABarnett

JohnABarnett

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Biblical studies
    History and music
    τα παντα
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:02 PM

My guess is that both HALOT and BDAG are the type of resources where the publisher has little motivation to discount.as deeply as those who publish the commentary sets.

Edited by JohnABarnett, 13 December 2019 - 12:02 PM.

• mgvh and Andrew G like this

Accordance 13

PC, WIndows 10

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Accordance Version:3.x

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:09 PM

I know many modules have been on sale

BDAG and HALOT

I know it goes on sale, but I don't think it has ever been offered at a huge discount

While not what you really want, the current nidotte and nidntte bundle offer is worth a serious consideration

https://www.accordan...NIDNTTE/NIDOTTE

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 13x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#6 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:57 AM

My guess is that both HALOT and BDAG are the type of resources where the publisher has little motivation to discount.as deeply as those who publish the commentary sets.

From what I’ve heard when consulting Customer Service about how to help another get started with Accordance when moving from another program, this is exactly the case.  HALOT discounts are much more generous than BDAG discounts.

Edited by Julia Falling, 25 December 2019 - 10:00 AM.

• Leopold Green and Andrew G like this

Julia Falling

13" MacBook Pro Catalina Accordance 13
mid-2017 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)
16 GB RAM;
512 GB SSD

iPad Pro (9.7") iPadOS 13
128 GB
iAccord 3

iPhone 11 iOS 13
128 GB
iAccord 3

Used for backup only:
Mac mini Catalina Accordance 13
late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)
16 GB RAM; 1.12 TB Fusion Drive

#7 Andrew G

Andrew G

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:39 PM

While not what you really want, the current nidotte and nidntte bundle offer is worth a serious consideration

https://www.accordan...NIDNTTE/NIDOTTE

yes, thanks for the suggestion.  i actually already own both from a previous sale a few years back.

#8 Andrew G

Andrew G

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:43 PM

From what I’ve heard when consulting Customer Service about how to help another get started with Accordance when moving from another program, this is exactly the case.  HALOT discounts are much more generous than BDAG discounts.

yes this is what I figured as well.

if anyone reading this thread is game, what modules that rarely/have never seen a deep discount do you wish would.  maybe you have something in your wishlist that you would instantly buy if it went on a crazy sale.  just curious.

#9 Michael Hunt

Michael Hunt

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Twitter:oddsocks

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:59 AM

Sorry that this is not a lot of consolation but I like Paul was glad to purchase Ultimate when it was on sale.
  • Paul Meiklejohn likes this
Formerly known as oddsocks

#10 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:28 AM

based on previous celebratory offers, if you can wait another 25 years, we MIGHT see a 50% off voucher to celebrate 50 years of accordance. ( but no guarantees, just an observation and idle speculation). 

;o) 

• OSchrock and jlm like this

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 13x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#11 JohnABarnett

JohnABarnett

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Biblical studies
    History and music
    τα παντα
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:58 AM

Picture someone many years from now lying in a hospital bed on one of their final days checking their email. Raising themselves off their pillow with their elbows they exclaim with glee, "Accordance is having a 100 PERCENT OFF SALE! I can finally get BDAG and HALOT!"

(just having some fun folks, no offense intended)

Edited by JohnABarnett, 26 December 2019 - 10:59 AM.

• R. Mansfield likes this

Accordance 13

PC, WIndows 10

#12 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:26 PM

In case you havent noticed, Bdag and halot is part of this deal! Even better if you have some items already as there is an upgrade option. 

https://www.accordan...d Gr Heb Add-on

Edited by ukfraser, 10 January 2020 - 01:27 PM.

Fraser Sims

#13 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,815 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:43 PM

In case you havent noticed, Bdag and halot is part of this deal! Even better if you have some items already as there is an upgrade option. 

https://www.accordan...d Gr Heb Add-on

Yep. Custom upgrades apply!

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#14 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:28 AM

Bdag and halot on offer this week

https://www.accordan...AG/HALOT bundle

Fraser Sims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users