Auto switching between light mode and dark mode (Mac & iPad)

Ken Hall

I would like to see a feature implemented where Accordance automatically switches from light mode to dark mode (or vice versa) when the system changes the device from light mode to dark mode, or vice versa.

On the Mac, the computer can be set to shift to dark mode / light mode automatically if the "general / appearance" setting is set to "auto" and the "displays / night shift" is given custom hours. On the iPad, this device feature can be set in the "display & brightness / appearance" setting. I am often using Accordance on both devices in the evening when night shift / dark mode comes on, and then again in the morning when it goes off. 

If Accordance could be made to follow along automatically, that would save the step of manually closing Accordance on both devices and reopening it on each in order for the change to take place.

Thanks for considering this request.

• Like 1

On ios, there is no need to shut and reopen the app, just click on the two a's on the top right in the title bar and change the theme to night.

post-31185-0-72543300-1576703715_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

I thought I saw one of the programmers mention that they are working on this.

Yes, Joel has explained that they considered the automatic switch on the Mac but it involves a lot more programming so it was deferred, rather than delaying the Dark Mode feature altogether.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Yes, the fact that you have to restart Accordance is a bit annoying. I hope they implement that it changes automatically soon.

Regards.

• Like 1

Yes, the fact that you have to restart Accordance is a bit annoying. I hope they implement that it changes automatically soon.

Regards.

Yes and the language switcher also without a restart.