Reading a text in multiple columns

bhandelman

One major issue I have with Accordance is that when I open a text to read, there is no way for me to have it open in multiple columns, like say most paper Bibles are with two columns of text per page.

With a decent modern monitor, 20 to 24 inches for example, even if I have my notes taking up half the screen there is still somewhere between 8 and 10 inches where the text is spread out, and reading it in multiple columns as an option would make it easier when doing some general reading and while taking notes.

Are there any plans to add a display option like this in the future?

• Like 4

Benjamin,

Welcome to the forums!!! What you propose is an interesting idea.

I'm pretty sure it's come up before. It's not necessarily straightforward to do when pages don't quite exist. There is also I believe a way to reduce the margin width in the Text Display. But I'm nowhere I can check this for you

Thx
D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

In the preferences, under Appearance, you can limit the text width.

In the preferences, under Appearance, you can limit the text width.

Yes, I use this option now, but it still leaves a fair amount of white space on a larger monitor if I want to limit the column to a decent size.  Being able to use two columns would be easier for me to read while still using a decent amount of the space.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I wholeheartedly agree with this feature request. Allowing multiple columns is pretty standard in e-readers these days. Just two examples: Kindle and Logos. Allowing multiple columns makes it possible to display a much larger section of a book on the screen at one time — a bit like opening your physical book to show a double-page view. Long rows (e.g. twenty inches with maybe thirty or forty words in row are not readable, while limiting the width of the text display dramatically reduces the amount of text displayed on the screen at one time.

• Like 2