Search another text without clearing search

jlm

A minor annoyance: a couple of times in the last few days, after searching a Text, I've wanted to try the same search in another Text. But the Android app tells me, "Please clear the search before changing modules." So I clear it, switch Texts, and then enter the search again. If it was particularly complex, I suppose I could copy it before clearing the search.

I would like to be able to switch Texts and have the search run on the new Text. I can do that on iOS, but it has a separate search view, so perhaps there's a problem I don't foresee with allowing the Android app to switch Texts without clearing the search.

You can already do this between certain modules (say switching between texts) on Android.

Bring up the search at the top of the text and then tap on the little spyglass next to the search box. That will show you the currently selected text, the words/verse option and a More button. Tap on the text module name and you will get the option to choose a different text. Select the one you want. Then hit enter (or whatever passes for it on your device) to run the search.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thank you. I guess there is a search view on Android. I still think it would be simpler to allow the Text to be changed in the main view, but as I said, there may be some problem I don't foresee.

Indeed that would be a bit simpler to use but the main screen module selection allows you to choose modules that are not texts. But even so the method I describe above allows selection of any text, not just ones in the same language. So that's likely not the whole story.

So I don't know why it's not possible from there.

Thx

D