Instant details of Lewis and Short

Brian W. Davidson

Frequently only the first little section of Lewis and Short will show in the instant details on iOS. If I amplify Lewis and Short clearly has a lot more. With other lexica (for Greek or Hebrew), much more of the entry shows in instant details. Maybe it’s something in the paragraph coding for LS?

post-32384-0-98311500-1578021982_thumb.png

This is because, in LS, the following text is a title and thus the start of a new article. You are therefore correct in your thought that it's due to LS's paragraphing.

But I can’t scroll down in the instant details to see the rest of the article. I can in other lexica. When you say it is a LS coding thing, that means I shouldn’t be able to scroll down to see the rest of the article based on how things are currently in LS, correct?

But I can’t scroll down in the instant details to see the rest of the article. I can in other lexica. When you say it is a LS coding thing, that means I shouldn’t be able to scroll down to see the rest of the article based on how things are currently in LS, correct?

• 9 months later...

Is there anyway Lewis and Short can be updated to function like other lexica?

One other related way that it is subpar: If I do an English gloss search and click through my hits, I can only see what entry I am in when the gloss is in the first paragraph of the entry, the paragraph with the headword.

post-32384-0-74011600-1603472792_thumb.png

Edited by Brian W. Davidson

• 3 months later...

It would be very helpful to me and Lewis and Short users if Accordance could revisit and update it. I don't know how else to describe what it needs, but it isn't quite as functional as other lexicons and it is basically the only full Latin lexicon we have.

• 2 months later...

Brian, I believe we've released update 2.1 that should fix and enable the missing functionality.

• Thanks 1

Yes! Thank you so much. 

Edited by Brian W. Davidson