• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:G-d; Moshiyach; Jewish texts; Israel; family; spreading good news, and serving G-d's people; making new friends (hopefully you!); Bible software's like Accordance :)

Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 19 January 2020 - 12:47 PM

has better Peshitta material

Don't forget my submissions to the Accordance Exchange, as I've put some nice Peshitta material there, along with a copy of Old Syriac and Cureton.

I mention it because I sincerely believe they have some advantages over Accordance's own texts, though my submissions aren't tagged.

Edited by TYA, 19 January 2020 - 12:47 PM.

• MattChristian likes this

#22 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,732 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:22 AM

I am hoping that Accordance will forward the agenda of pushing for texts, manuscripts etc, original language works in general from all areas of the ancient world and create tagged, searchable texts. That is what they do best. Forget listening commentaries and book series etc, focus on building the library of original language texts. That will give them a competitive edge in the market. Any other source out there have tagged, searchable Akkadian texts? Nope. More Syriac material would be awesome. Church fathers in Syriac and Greek would be awesome. Anything along those lines

We will continue to do both. I agree that the tagged original language texts is an area that sets us apart. However, the commentaries and popular series usually sell better and in the end help fund our development of ancient texts. It's a symbiotic relationship :-)

• Daniel Saunders, JonathanHuber, דָנִיאֶל and 5 others like this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#23 MattChristian

MattChristian

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Assyriology, Dead Sea Scrolls, Semitic Linguistics, Language Contact, Hebrew, Greek, Syriac, Akkadian,. Ugaritic, Sumerian, Hittite,Jesus, Coffee
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

We will continue to do both. I agree that the tagged original language texts is an area that sets us apart. However, the commentaries and popular series usually sell better and in the end help fund our development of ancient texts. It's a symbiotic relationship :-)

I get it- I work in a sales driven environment myself

Cheers,

Matt C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users