• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:22 PM

For a few months now, when I am reading Greek text, and I need to look up a Greek word, It prefers to highlight the word instead. Sometimes I’ll go through a highlight/delete highlight cycle of up to 3 times before I get a pure dictionary lookup. 

something seems to have changed, perhaps the number of pixels the finger needs to accidentally move before highlighting kicks in has changed? 

Can we turn highlighting off for Greek text, it’s super annoying.

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:47 PM

Can we turn highlighting off , it’s super annoying.

Not just greek text, i had a major battle this morning in my tagged nrsv and trying to scroll though my lexicon on a couple of words on my iphone. It kept highlighting and closing the instant details screen using 3.0.5 build 3.0.4.11694. Not been aware of this before on the phone. 

(as usual, something was said in the sermon and i wanted to explore a bit!)

Edited by ukfraser, 12 January 2020 - 05:52 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#3 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:29 PM

It’s a relief to know it’s not just me.  

I think an update changed it (as I never used to have that problem, but I’m just not sure how long ago the update was.

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#4 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:06 AM

Ive not noticed the problem on my iPad which is what i usually use plus its now on its own os.

just the iPhone which i tend to use in services or meetings for texts otherwise im just reading tools so not using instant details very much. 

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#5 Megan2020a

Megan2020a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:SpenMegan
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:34 AM

Yes, this is the exact problem I have as well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users