WiFi Syncing

Dataduffy

I know that this is a known issue, but was wondering is there a time frame of getting this working again.

Even with the latest releases of the iOS app, i am still getting crashes whenever i try to sync between the mac and any iOS device over WiFi.

Previously the best that I could do was to sync user content, but not modules which was manageable. However now i just get an instant CTD on the Mac when trying to sync. Not being able to sync notes and highlights etc is frustrating and forcing me to limit usage of highlighting and notes to one device.

(Dropbox is not an option for me as this is banned in China.)

thanks

John

• Like 1

What version of the desktop app are you running? 

Could you let me know if deleting this file: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences/General.apref helps? I've seen this a few times and that seems to work as the previous syncing bug, I think corrupted some of that data.

• Like 2

Graham, that file deletion cleared up the issue for me. Thanks!

—Joseph

• Like 1

Could you let me know if deleting this file: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences/General.apref helps? I've seen this a few times and that seems to work as the previous syncing bug, I think corrupted some of that data.

HI Graham,

Sorry for the slow response. I've been away for a few days.

Deleting the file stopped the crashes, but when trying to sync, it came up with the prompt saying that the iOS device was linked with another device, do you want to delete files..etc...

I tried using this, but the sync didn't work.(iOS device reports sync in progress, while the Mac shows nothing.)

So I went ahead a deleted the iOS app and reinstalled, and it is syncing perfectly now.

Thanks for the great support. Really appreciated. 

John