Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary updates

pbgroover

Interested in the Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary set but wonder before investing if there are any plans to add the further titles available in the series over the past 3 years and also those planned this year?

Exalting Jesus in John – Carter, Matt, 2017

Exalting Jesus in 2 Peter & Jude – Shaddix, James; Akin, Daniel L., 2018

Exalting Jesus in Luke – Anyabwile, Thabiti, 2018

Exalting Jesus in Jeremiah & Lamentations – Smith, Steven, 2019

Exalting Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount – Merida, Tony., 2019

Exalting Jesus in Esther – Scroggins, Jimmy, 2019

Exalting Jesus in Genesis – Moore, Russell D., 2020

Exalting Jesus in Deuteronomy – Charles, H. B., 2020

Thanks Paul 

• Like 2

I know nothing for certain, but I would assume we will add the additional titles.

• Like 1

You already started the thread. Thanks!

Thanks Jeremy,

Appreciate the post in the other thread, although I missed the deadline in the sale this time.

Just my opinion but I think if a current commentary set is worth having in Accordance in the first place then it's worth regularly updating with the latest volumes. 3 years seems too long and puts off people like me from investing in the set as I wonder if it may never be updated and therefore hesitate from buying in.

If we know a commentary set will be regularly updated, say once every 12-18 months with any new volumes, then I would think most who have the complete set will update with the latest volumes. It also keeps the commentary set relevant to Accordance customers as they see the new volumes advertised and it pushes the set forward as one to invest in - it's a win-win.

I'm sure it's a little more complicated than this and newer volumes may not be immediately available to Accordance from the publisher but having access to such a solid range of commentaries is one of the reasons I love Accordance!

Thanks Paul

We can't always guarantee a particular schedule for updates, but we tend to update series as new volumes are released almost always. There may be a series or two out there I don't remember, but I can't even think of any series off the top of my head where we've decided not to do any further updates.

• Like 1

Tyndale OT & NT is another set I’d love to see brought up to date. Since it was last updated in 2010 I think there have been 16 new volumes published.

I guess this is my concern, that the Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary or another set will also not get updated for a similar amount of time.

• Like 1

I would love to see this series updated!  I too am holding off investing until I see that this series will be updated!  Also would love to see the Tyndale series updated!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Has there been any updates on this in the last few months?  There's been a number of new volumes now!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This set is back on special again today, is there any word on the 6 titles released over the past 3.5 years being added any time soon?  

Paul, its brilliant that you are so resolute to get the Tyndale and Christ-centred updates.  Talk about perseverance! The parable of the persevering widow comes to mind (Luke 18)..., Perhaps Accordance will tire of your persistence and get them just for you.   :rolleyes:     

• Like 2

Yes, seeing the Christ Centred set on sale again prompted me to bump this thread... hoping someone from Accordance sees it... 

It would be good to get some official word this week before the sale ends, I'd like to invest in this series but only if Accordance are committed to keeping it up to date with new volumes.

+1

I've been holding off as well on purchasing the christ-centered exposition set. I have most of them on kindle, but want to have them in accordance. But I too am waiting for the series to be updated and hopefully a future sale with all of them included.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks Andrew, you beat me to it seeing this series is back on sale again this week...  :)

I have renewed hope after the Preaching the Word series got 5 new volumes added last week, hopefully something is in the pipeline for this series as well?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I’ve been holding off on purchasing this series waiting for an update with the many new volumes. Any word if we’re getting close to an update?

• Like 3